Knight in shining armour [JJosh]

So on my last One Shotgot another request from the awesome DarkPheonix12 and I finally completed it. I really hope you enjoy this. Also what is the shipname of JJ and Josh? JJosh? :D

Knight in shining armour (wordcount: 1224)

Josh's POV:

Walking towards my school, my eyes catch sight of the schools most popular boy, JJ. Now you might ask yourself how it happened but that unbelievably cool guy and also the most beautiful person in the entire school is my secret boyfriend. No one knows about us because we are both scared of damaging his reputation beyond repair which is why we don't even talk in school.

Our mothers had been friends ever since they were in high school so we have known each other forever. We were best friends in kindergarten but got put into different elementary schools and stopped talking that much. There was only one big secondary school in town so we were bound to meet again but when we did it was different. With him having a lot of friends and me having my eyes glued to a computer screen most of the time, we had become polar opposites.

When we got into sixth form and our mothers insisted on us spending time together we did and got incredibly close. After a year all my dreams came true when JJ asked me to be his boyfriend.

Obviously I said yes.

Sometimes he looks at me in school but he knows better than to approach me, since we keep our relationship locked away at home. We will go on dates in the next town over where nobody knows us. We even talked about what classes we would each pick so we don't have too many or too few classes together, so we end up seeing each other in school but not that much as it would attract unwanted attention.

The thing about him being the most popular guy in school has both advantages and disadvantages. On one hand he doesn't have to worry about bullying or getting into trouble since there would always be someone to cover for him, even though he rarely even gets himself into trouble. Even the teachers love him. On the other hand his friends are mostly jerks. They let all the attention get to their heads and turn to bullying to show their power.

The problem is that I am a perfect bully target. I am a serious gamer and with me not leaving my house too often apart from going to school, I am very pale. As soon as I would get to school they would come up to me and start making fun of me and whenever I got back after being sick they'd have a field day. Today wasn't different.

As I walk into school after the being sick for a week I was pulled into an empty classroom buy someone and I noticed someone else entering as well behind me.

"Well, good morning Simon." I said. Simon was the worst of my boyfriends so called friends. I don't get why he talks to him at all but I've never exactly told JJ what Simon does either. I don't want him to worry and he can't do anything about it anyway.

"Oh if it isn't our favourite sunshine." Simon replies.

"The sun isn't even up. Also you knew it was me when you pulled me in here. What do you want?"

"No need to be so grumpy. Where were you last week? Told your mummy you were sick so you could play video games all day?" I hear Ethan say from behind me.

I sigh. "I was actually sick, you know."

I hear Simon and Ethan snicker. "As if." They say in unison as I roll my eyes.

They continue making fun of me. I hope one of my friends notices I'm missing soon. JJ might have even seen me being dragged in here, or will notice Simon and Ethan are missing as well as me.

"You have no friends that's why you're always online." Ethan said and then Simon goes on about all Minecraft players being paedophiles and that I would never be able to get a girl. I just roll my eyes again. Who says I even want a girl?

The two guys are not happy with my attitude though. Usually they would continue to try and rile me up but I guess today is different. I can feel Ethan, who had moved to stand next to Simon while talking, walk back behind me and restrain my arms. The other boy clenches his fists next to his body. Would he dare to hit me? Violence was strictly forbidden in school and punished harshly. They never dared to lay a single finger on me before, for that exact reason.

That's when I hear the door being pushed open. It slams into the wall and I hear an all too familiar voice. We all turn around to see JJ standing in the doorway.

"What the fuck is going on?" He asks, slightly out of breath.

Simon is the first to answer. "We were just having fun. Want to join, JJ? We were just about to...."

JJ cuts him off before he could reveal his evil master plan. "I don't want to hear any of it. Are you being serious right now? This could get you in so much trouble. Ethan let go of him." Ethan looks at Simon who shakes his head.

I could tell JJ was fuming already and I don't think I have seen him this angry in a long while. If they don't let me go soon this will not end pretty. When after a few seconds nobody moved from their spots, the tension in the air just getting thicker and thicker, JJ has enough.

He walks up to Ethan and I and pushes the former away from me with quite some force.

"Do not touch my boyfriend ever again!" He exclaims angrily and before I can comprehend what's happening I feel his lips on mine. He puts his arms around me in a tight hug. As he pulls away from me I can see Simon and Ethan watching us, completely and utterly shocked.

"Are you okay, Josh? I'm sorry I should have asked you about outing us in public but I couldn't just watch them do something to you. I didn't know what else to do." My boyfriend says with guilt clear to see on his face.

"JJ, it's fine. I love you. It's kind of sweet to come out with you defending me, isn't it?" I laugh as he looks at me in disbelieve. "I said it's fine. Looks like romance isn't dead yet after all. "

I totally forgot we aren't on our own until Ethan starts to speak up. "I would have never guessed. Sorry Josh, don't worry about us any more, I'll keep this guy in check. And congrats to you both." And with that he pushes Simon out the door, who still can't believe what just happened.

"So you came to my rescue and out us in the process." I turn to my beautiful boyfriend. "Ready to face the world and the consequences of your actions?" I ask as I smirk at him.

He just quickly presses a kiss to my lips before taking my hand to walk through the door. And for the first time I wouldn't face the day alone but I had my knight in shining armour right next to me.