Prologue

"It's a beautiful day Will! Come on, let's go play outside!" I cheerfully said as I walked into the kitchen. The little boy was sitting at the island, playing whatever stupid game on his ipad.

"No," he grunted, fingers tapping hysterically on the screen.

"Why not?" I asked, leaning towards him. "We can play with the bubbles?"

His face darted in my direction and he narrowed his eyes, "Seriously?"

I nodded and began running to get my shoes on, hearing him clatter to the floor. I laughed and grabbed the bubbles from his backpack and ran outside. William came out a second later, sliding onto the grass and popping the few bubbles I let out. He began jumping up and down, trying to get to the bubbles above his head. My eyes darted to the few cars passing on the road as I pulled out more bubbles.

William screamed as he saw the gigantic soapy figure emerge. "Do it again Nia!" he yelled it as he popped it.

"Will do brother!" I said, pulling more bubbles from the container. He began running around resulting in my laughing. Then the big bubble came.

It flew over the yard, not yet collapsing from its weight. William chased it, determined to end it. He ran onto the road and jumped. The next events happened to fast for me to process.

Before I could open my mouth, a car came rushing onto the road. My feet began carrying me towards him and time froze. The brakes of the car screeched as I neared at turtle speed. But it didn't stop fast enough. Williams screams echoed in the air and the last thing I remember was the bubble he chased popping.

A/N
I hope you enjoyed that mini prologue. I'm going to be working on Chapter One and will be posting it April 15! BYE!!!!!

SHINE