Chapter 3-

Chapter 3-

Whilst I'm walking down the halls away from the counselor's room, everyone is staring at me and whispering to each other. Not that I care, this is just like any other day. Me being all alone wearing dull coloured clothes looking like a stereotypical emo/goth chick minding my own business. I'm not either of those things though. I just cannot afford to get close to anyone. That's what happens when you are in foster care.

I just about reach my locker when I get shoved to the ground. I look up and see one of the guys in the football team. He had shoved me whilst catching the football his other team mates hurled at him. In fact I even know his name. Carl Stackhouse.

Everyone knew him. He is a typical quarterback and vice-captain of our famous football team and to top it all off, he was okay looking. With his dark brown hair and cheeky grin it made him seem irresistible to most girls except me, I think. I have no idea how I feel about him. However if you asked any other girl at school today I would say half would faint and the other half will give you a year-long lecture on how hot he is. Mind you the sentences would be structured the same but with different synonyms for hot, good looking and so on.

After looking at each other for a bit I try to get myself up. Turns out I hurt my knee so I fell down again. I couldn't hear anything over the screams in my head at the realization that I had injured my knee shot through my whole body. Well at least I hope I was only screaming in my head. I look around at all the people laughing but I can't hear the laughter coming out of their mouths.

I look up at Carl's friends almost rolling on the floor laughing. My cheeks suddenly become red and I can feel a single tear slowly moving down my right cheek. I stare up a Carl once again, I see the pity in his eyes. I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out so instead I mouth "Help me please!"

He crouched down beside me. I see the tender look in his eyes. All the girls are now plastering their eyes on me and him. Giving me the dirtiest looks they can possibly achieve. I turn my face away moving my legs which starts the waterworks that just don't stop.

'Don't cry Angel. I will have to lift you up okay. I have to get my arms under your knees and your back. You then need to wrap your arms around my neck. Do you understand?'

I can only see the outline of his face, scratch that, his blurry face through my tears. I must look like such a cry-baby. All the cheerleaders or the jock girls are going to be at me tomorrow or even once I get my knee checked out. I nod once slowly.

He puts his right arm around my back before cautiously moving the left under my knees. I wince as he slowly lifts me off the ground and stands there for a minute looking around at everyone.

'What are you all staring and laughing at? Go back to class or whatever you guys were doing.'

I hear a stampede of footsteps all around me walking/running off and whispering to each other. The footsteps gradually become quieter and quieter. My tears have stopped but my cheeks are redder than they have ever been.

'Are you okay now Angel?' he asked me so sincerely that I could have laughed if I wasn't in so much pain.

'I think I will live but my knee really hurts.' What are you doing? We have been through this Angel. We do not open up to people! I thought I got to you during that stupid counselling session!

'Okay. I'm going to take you to see the school nurse to get your knee checked out okay?'

'Yes please. Hold on a minute, you know my name.' You're such an idiot. What do you think this is? After today he is going to just leave you and you will feel so heartbroken. You are digging a hole for yourself. He is in most of your classes but has he ever tried to talk to you before? No he hasn't. So get out while you can.

'Of course I know you name. You are the goth girl everyone talks about.' Wow Angel, look he just pities you, hahahahaha. It's so silly and stupid that you thought he would be different. I mean you don't personally know the guy. Wait everyone talks about you?

I sigh and look away from him. I would have just walked off but 1. He was carrying me and 2. My knee was killing me.

'I didn't mean it like that Angel. I know you're not like that. I mean you wear t-shirts and shorts. Just because you always wear black and dark colours doesn't mean you're emo or Goth. I mean the Goth's and emo's don't even welcome you. You are nothing like them.'

'You think so?' You have done it this time. You have managed to break every single wall you built up in the course of seconds. I applaud you.

'Sure. I mean you are like the smartest girl in the classes we have together. You are just quiet and misunderstood.' Can you hear me clapping?

'Thank you. For helping me back there Carl.'

'So the misunderstood girl does know who I am.' He said this in a cocky way.

'Of course everyone knows you. You are the star player in football. All the girls would fall at your feet and worship you. I mean one word they would use to describe you would be hot or any other synonyms for it.' Is it getting louder Angel?

'Wow, so people really do think so little of me huh.' Great now you have hurt his feelings. Do I have to spell it out for you always?

'I'm sorry I thought you would have known.' You have a way with words.

'I do but it hurts when I get told it all the time. I mean yeah I love football but I don't want to do that for the rest of my life. I actually want to be a doctor but I'm struggling with my grades.'

'I could help you out if you would like to?' Bad idea Angel, step away from the boy.

'Really? I mean that would be awesome.' Mentally slapping you both, continuously.

'We both have a free period before lunch tomorrow and three days from now. Which is Thursday. Maybe we could go to the library and study together then?' This will be a lost cause. He will leave you or you will have to pick up and go. It's inevitable. This always happened and then I will say I told you so.

'It's a date. Oh ah um, sorry.'

'No it's okay. Don't worry about it. I'm fine with it.' You do realize that he is playing you. Wow Angel that hole you're digging is huge now. Are you getting tired?

'Okay well we have been standing at the Sick bay for 5 minutes now.' He said with a smug look on his face. I looked away from him and stared at the door. I kept one arm firmly wrapped around Carl's neck and moved my other to knock on the door. It opened within seconds of me knocking. I only realised just then how much my knee actually did hurt. So while the office lady also known as the school nurse was staring at us my eyes kept on watering until I started crying.

The nurse told Carl to place me on the bed while she called the doctor's so they could come over and take a look at my knee. As he put me down he nudged my knee so much that I burst out crying. I'm such a baby. I wonder how I can explain this to my foster parents.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N

Stay Classy,

Mikki ;)