Transfiguration

AN: I'm just gonna apologize in advance. You know the characters like Parvati, Lavender, and Neville, but Frank doesn't. So I'm trying to erase their names from when I copy passages out, and if any manage to slip through, then sorry.

This has been beta'd by the amazing xx ShamiksXa xx, so go check her out!

-

"The Grim, my dear, the Grim!" cried Professor Trelawney, who looked shocked that Harry hadn't understood. Her eyes were filled with pity and it was obvious that she believed exactly what she thought, and thought it was important enough to declare to the class. "The giant, spectral dog that haunts churchyards! My dear boy, it is an omen - the worst omen - of death!"

The class was silent, but all heads were turned to one green-eyed, jet-black haired boy with a face of utter confusion.

-

Everyone was looking at Harry in blank awe, everyone except Hermione, who had gotten up and moved around to the back of Professor Trelawney's chair.

"I don't think it looks like a Grim," she said flatly.

Professor Trelawney surveyed Hermione with mounting dislike.

"You'll forgive me for saying so, my dear, but I perceive very little aura around you. Very little receptivity to the resonances of the future."

Seamus tilted his head to the side in curiosity. Not one teacher has ever downed on the infamous Hermione Granger- she must've been the best student ever in decades.

"It looks like a Grim if you do this," he said, with his eyes almost shut, "but it looks more like a donkey from here," he said, leaning to the left.

"When you've all finished deciding whether I'm going to die or not!" exclaimed an exasperated Harry, taking even himself by surprise. Now nobody seemed to want to look at him out of obvious reason. If one was told that they would die, and a group of people decides to talk of the matter, Seamus didn't think he would enjoy it very much either.

"I think we will leave the lesson here for today," murmured Professor Trelawney in her mistiest voice. "Yes... please pack away your things..."

Silently, the class took their teacups back to Professor Trelawney, packed away their books, and closed their bags.

"Until we meet again," said Professor Trelawney faintly, "fair fortune be yours. Oh, and dear" - she pointed at the boy who had broken the teacup from earlier - "you'll be late next time, so mind you work extra-hard to catch up."

"Are all the classes like this?" Frank asked as they left Trelawney's class.

Seamus shrugged. "More or less. Harry getting the Grim was strange though."

Frank rolled his eyes. "You don't actually believe her, do you?"

-

Frank was feeling a bit better as he managed to escape from the now dreaded Professor Trelawney and into Professor McGonagall's classroom. He and Seamus sat next to each other in the back of the classroom, coincidently a table over from Potter. Once class started, he zoned out again. He hardly heard what Professor McGonagall was telling them about Animagi (wizards who could transform at will into animals), because, well, after being the equivalent one one for several years, the shock factor wore off somewhat. And besides, he wasn't limited to one animal like wizards were, so he let his mind wander. He wasn't even watching when she transformed herself in front of their eyes into a tabby cat with spectacle markings around her eyes.