prologue

"Calm down, Athena," Rosalie scolded

Athena sighed, "I'm sorry. I don't even know why I'm so nervous. I love him and I want to be with him but I'm so nervous." Athena knew she loved Jasper but she had always been afraid of commitment and worried that the ones she loved would leave her, like her birth parents did. Marrying Jasper meant there was one more person she relied on emotionally. The idea that he might leave her created an ache in her chest. She needed him and couldn't bare the thought of him leaving.

Rosalie sighed, "Athena, I have known Jasper for a long time. Trust me when I tell you, you are the best thing that has ever happened to him, as well as this family. You have nothing to fear. He loves you and I know you love him. You are going to walk out there and marry your man. You both deserve to be happy." Athena smiled at her soon-to-be-sister. Over the past couple of weeks the two had gotten really close and had been inseparable. She had even begun to refer to Rosalie as her sister, as that's what she was to her.

Athena stood with her father at the end of the isle, ready to marry the man of her dreams. As nervous as she was, she couldn't wait to marry him and spend eternity with him. "Don't let me fall, father," Athena spoke softly to her father.

Her father rubbed her hand soothingly, "Never." The door opened and they both slowly walked down the isle. When she looked up at her soon-to-be-husband, she began to tear up. He looked handsome as ever. Jasper froze when he saw his soon-to-be-wife, she looked absolutely stunning to him in the dress and was glowing.

"Do you, Jasper Hale, take Athena May to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

Jasper grinned, "I do." Athena could feel that he was having a hard time keeping his emotions in check. He was proud of her and needed her to know how much he loved her.

"Do you, Athena May, take Jasper Hale as your lawfully wedded husband?"

Athena smiled, "I do."

"I now, pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." Jasper didn't wait a moment before pressing his lips to hers. The both got lost in the kiss before breaking apart as they heard the cheers from their families.

They were both ready to start the rest of their lives together. Athena knew that with Jasper by her side everything was going to be okay and maybe something beautiful would come out of it. Jasper knew he was a better man with Athena by his side and would do everything he could to make her happy and just maybe he was ready for something he never thought he would have or deserved.