My personal hell

*pic of Kat in the media*
"Katerina! Get up you slut!" I hear from down stairs. Great. Another day in my hell of a life. I stand up and walk to the mirror. I start by brushing my long black curls. My security blanket.

I put on foundation and wipe off the area around my bruise. I cover it in a smooth layer of liquid latex and cover that with the foundation and conceal the edges to look like it's my skin. I put some concealer under my eyes and NYX eye shadow primer on my lids. I blend it and put a dark dark skin tone in my crease. I do my wing and mascara and fake eyelashes. I draw on my eyebrows and line my lips with a nude-y brown color. I put on a nude lipstick color by NYX and a nude-y clear lipgloss called 'Method to the madness.' I put on my grey lace Victoria Secret bra and matching underwear.

I slip into some ripped jeans that happen to be the only thing hiding the scars on my thigh. I slip into a long sleeve shirt that covers the scars on my wrist and the scar on my side that no one dare to notice. I go down stairs and I'm greeted by my step dad.

"Make yourself useful and make me some breakfast, slut." He demands. I silently go to the kitchen and make cheesy eggs, Grits, and bacon.

Of course I won't be allowed to eat it. If I so much as take a bite, I'll get the punishment seen as best fit. "Steve, I've got your food ready when you're ready to eat, sir." I say in the most polite tone possible.

No response. He's passed out drunk. I grab my bags and keys and I leave for school. Finally my last day of highschool.

I arrive and have to fake the best smile possible. I get out and I'm greeted with a smile, Mala. My BEST FRIEND!! But one thing seems off. People are whispering and giving me looks. And not in the usual way. This is... disgust??

"Hey so word has it you slept with my boyfriend." What?! Her smile drops and she punches me right in the jaw, ripping the latex.

My hand goes to the spot automatically, I can't let my secret out. "I never slept with your boyfriend!" I scream.

"Whatever." She turns on her stiletto heel, flips her long auburn hair and walks away.

"Slut! Slut! Slut! Slut!" The murmurs become chants. My subjects, they're turning on me; On their queen. I feel like an ant, for the first time ever.

I get in my car, tears streaming down my face, and rip off the latex. My jaw, now a deeper blue, is swelling. I speed off to the one place I know to go. The river. I get out now crying so hard I'm shaking, and sit next to the river.

They've all turned on me. The queen bee now the lowest peasant. How did this happen?! After staring at the water for a bit and calming down I get in my car and drive to a Starbucks to grab some food and coffee. I stare at my reflection in the rear view mirror and clean up my face. I take out my latex, foundation, concealer, mascara, and Brow gel I keep in my car. I re-do my makeup and cover the bruise. I put my hair up in a messy bun and get out. I walk in and the cool air hits my face.

Alabama is very warm so it felt refreshing. I walk to the register and order a venti iced caramel macchiato. I pay the man and wait for my drink while I stare longingly at a sandwich. I prepare myself for the storm I will walk into when I get home.

I get home and automatically as if my presence is registered as I walk through the door, the storm begins. "Katerina, you slut why'd you miss school?!" He yells.

"I'm sorry." A large fist is brought right into my rib. Short of breath I fall. One kick after another the storm begins, until I am fully covered in bruises. A reminder that I screwed up and deserved punishment.