Finding Zoey

He leaned forward on his forearms and clasped his hands then he spoke really low, "I didn't think it was my place."

That was all he said, after doing all that emotion with his face and squirming so much in his chair. That's all he told me? How could he? I knew he wasn't telling me everything so I decided to press him just a little bit.

"Even after he brutalized her and left her for dead? Huh?! Even then you didn't think it was your place!"

Those words had triggered him, I could tell but he seemed to control his anger really well. Too well. Like he had been trained. It's going to take a lot to get the truth out of him.

"Yes even after that. It was Zoey's responsibility to tell ya'll not mine."

Furiously I shook my head in disagreement. Then I slammed my fist on the table earning stares from the people around me.

"No! She didn't tell us! Even after she for better and we had gotten our revenge. Why could you tell m-"

"Because she begged me not to!" he shouted.

I was shaking an tears we're falling from my eyes. Quickly I wipped them away and smiled just a little bit. I got the truth out of him. I thought I'd feel good but I was wrong. I felt worse. Now knowing how much wrong Zoey did behind my back. I wonder if she had anything to do to what happened to me?

All these questions and more I have to ask her. When I find her.

The food arrived and we are in silence. Not more than two words or glances were extended to each other. After we ate I was the first to get up and head back upstairs.

As I arrived on the floor I saw an anxious Zada pacing up down the entrance of my door. She was biting her nails much more that usual and her palms were sweating. What was up with her?

"Zada? What the hell is wrong with you?" I ask well more like demand.

Zada kept pacing like she didn't here me. So I grabbed her shoulders looked her in the eye then I slapped her. Then slapped her again.

"Zada! Hold it together! What the hell is wrong?"

Zada's eyes were filled with worry and fear and she could barely talk. "It's Zoey's father! He asked me where she was!"

I breathed out calmly. Wondering why she was so hysterical about Zoey's father asking her such a simple question.

"Zada? Why are so flustered about this?" I ask trying not to seem condescending.

A tear fell from her eye that moment one that she quickly wiped away. "He said there was a boy a little older than us at the house asking about her and us. He said he looked dangerous and also he had an accent."

Who the hell could that be? Clay was the only boy I knew with an accent.

"That's very strange," I mumble as I finally let go of Zada's shoulders .

At that moment Joel came out of his room and approached me. "What's strange?" he asks.

"Nothing," I say quickly trying to change the subject.

Joel sighed and placed both his hands in his pocket as he looked from me to Zada. He must know something is up but he decided not pry any further.

"So? Where are we heading to?" he asks giving me a concerned look.

I nodded in realization. "You and Zada head to the house near the ocean and Clay and I will head to the other Cabin on the hill."

Joel nodded and motion for Zoey to follow him down towards the elevator without saying another. As Zada passed by me she turned to give me a look. The look broke my heart because she looked genuinely afraid and worried.