First Take

A/N: Because I have too many feels for Ken and Barbie after watching replays of Meant To Be. 😌

//

He watched her.

As she plopped down on one of the plastic chairs in their tent. As she sighed and stretched her legs in front of her. As she smiled tiredly when one of the prod assistants approached her to give her water. As she closed her eyes and leaned back on her chair, trying to get comfortable.

He watched her.

"If I were you, I would go to her already," Addy, in his accented English, told him.

He smiled, quite sadly, and replied in a quiet voice. "Si Ivan naman ang gusto niya, eh."

Addy shook his head and clapped Ken on the back. "Man. So what? She likes you too, you know. We can all see that. She has a special thing for you, too. Maybe not as much as Ivan, but still..."

"Oo nga," Jak suddenly chimed in, coming up on Ken's other side, munching on some chips. "Ikaw na rin naman ang nagsabi na hanggang hindi pa naman sila, pwede pa. Tsaka mukhang wala naman balak talagang gawin si Ivan, eh."

Ken continued to smile wistfully as he observed his object of affection, who was currently laughing at one of the crew's jokes, even though her eyes show the tiredness she was already feeling.

"Lapitan mo na," Jak urged him. "Maya-maya lang magte-take na ulit tayo pagtapos ni Direk LA sa chinicheck nyang footage. Balik ka na naman sa masungit na Yuan at hindi mo na naman siya makakausap ng matino."

Ken then closed his eyes and took a deep breath, slowly letting it out through his nose, gathering enough courage to be able to do and say what he had been wanting to do since they started taping together again. Once he opened his eyes, determination in its depths - he slowly walked towards her.

Addy whooped and cheered him on while Jak remained grinning as they both watched their friend make his way to Barbie, who was at that moment, resting once more with eyes closed.

"I bet you a thousand pesos that our boy would clam up once he gets to her," Addy conspiratorially told Jak. "He always does anyway when it comes to her."

Jak shook his head. "Tingnin ko hindi. Tingin ko may magagawa na rin 'yang si Ken ngayon."

"You're on," Addy said as him and Jak shook on it.

"What are you both on about?" Ivan asked as he came bounding up to his friends. "Anong mero-- oh..."

Both Addy and Jak simply nodded, grinning while Ivan smiled.

"Finally, eh?" Ivan commented as he circled both his arms around Addy's and Jak's shoulders.

"Oo nga. Finally," Jak replied quietly as all three of them watched their friend sit beside the one girl who they all thought deserve all the love that Ken was able to give.

//

"'Bie?"

Barbie opened her eyes when she heard a soft male voice call her. She smiled upon seeing who it was, knowing that it was only him who calls her with that shortened nickname of hers.

"Uy, Ken. Ikaw pala 'yan. Upo ka," she greeted, gesturing towards another empty monobloc chair beside her. "Anong meron? Tawag na ba tayo ni Direk?"

"Hindi pa naman," Ken answered softly, smiling as he sat down, quite close to her than what was normal, his hand going on his nape in an act of nervousness. "Kamusta? Ok ka lang ba?"

She stretched her arms above her head and moaned as she felt the cricks in her back pop. "Ayos lang. Medyo pagod na. Madaling araw na rin kasi. Pero last scene na naman tayo for tonight daw, 'di ba? Tapos wrap up na?"