Second Take

A/N: This is a work of fiction. Pawang kathang-isip lamang po based on the attached image above.

Also, unbeta'ed and not proofread so any mistakes you see here are all mine.

Tweet me at @wuthie16 😘

Thank you for reading. 💛

//

He smiled as he read her reply to his tweet, his eyes crinkling as his attention went to his phone and not on the episode of their teleserye that was currently showing on TV. His notifications were going non-stop as he live tweets during the airing of their show, their fans clamoring for more interaction between them and the rest of the cast.

He grinned and bit his lip as he read all the replies of their fans to his somewhat-not-so-cryptic tweet for her. He meant it when he said that he hoped she would believe him when he made his feelings somewhat known to her. And that he would do everything in his power to make her believe in him.

Nalilito na ako sa'yo ah.

"Hay naku, 'Bie. Ikaw lang naman ang nagpapalito sa sarili mo, eh," he muttered under his breath.

B as in Billie or Barbie?

"Ano ba sa tingin mo?" he continued as he types in his quoted reply to her.

I miss you.

He hit the Tweet button and watched as his already booming notifications, go even more ballistic than before. He knew his reply would generate more reactions from their fans. He also knew that it would make her think as well. And that was exactly what he wanted. He wanted so bad to ingrain himself in her life so she would be his. Exclusively.

That was, if she would allow it.

So when his phone vibrated and pinged, signaling an incoming text message - he grinned, knowing exactly that it was her.

Ken! Ano na naman 'to???

He was about to type in his reply when he thought better and dialed her number instead. After just one ring, he heard her sweet, melodious but slightly confused voice at the other end of the line. He simply sighed before smiling softly whenever he would hear or see her, his lips quirking up at the sides.

"'Bie..."

"Sir Yuan! Hindi ko na alam ang iisipin sa mga tinutweet mo! Aktingan pa ba 'to? B as in Billie ba talaga o Bar--"

"Barbie."

"--bie..."

Silence engulfed them as he felt her process what he just blurted out, his heart thundering doubly, only their soft breathing could be heard.

"Ano?" she asked quietly. "Ken, 'yung totoo?"

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "Barbie. B as in Barbie. 'Yun naman ang totoo mong pangalan, 'di ba? Hindi naman Billie. Character mo lang 'yun."

"Ken..."

"Sinabi ko naman na sa'yo, 'Bie. Totoo lahat ng ito. Ikaw lang naman ang ayaw maniwala sa'kin, eh," he continued before waiting with bated breath as she took her time in replying back. "'Bie? Andyan ka pa?"

"Dito pa," she softly replied. "Hindi ko lang alam ang sasabihin ko."

"Say that you believe me," he told her as he sat up straighter, pushing the mute button on his remote for his TV. "Say that--" he sighed, "You know what, it's ok. Ayaw naman kitang madaliin. Ayaw kong takbuhan mo ako kasi nalilito ka na. Ayaw kong maging awkward tayo bigla. Kasi ako pa rin naman 'to, 'Bie. Simula noon pa, noong una tayong magkakilala at magkatrabaho hanggang ngayon - wala naman masyadong nagbago. Pwera lang sa maha--"

He suddenly stopped, eyes wide before sighing softly, glad that he was able to catch himself before blurting out the one thing that he knew might make her turn away from him. It wasn't that he was afraid of letting her know. It was more that he didn't want to impose on her what he was feeling. He didn't want her to feel obligated just because his feelings for her changed over time.

"Pwera lang sa ano, Ken?" she, however, still asked making him close his eyes tight as he tried to control his sudden raging emotions.

"Wala," he concluded quietly. "Tulog ka na 'Bie. Kita na lang tayo bukas sa taping."

He was about to put down the phone when he heard her voice, timid and soft - not its usual boisterous one, say, "Miss na rin kita, Ken. See you bukas. Goodnight."

Then finally the click that signaled she put down the phone first.

He smiled to himself and laid down after that, knowing his dreams would be filled of her and her sweet voice.

Miss na rin kita, Ken...

//

She sighed, placing her phone on her chest as she laid down on her bed, closing her eyes as his character, Yuan, continued to speak on the TV in front of her. Her emotions were all over the place from that simple talk she had with him.

Yes, she knew about the things that he had been telling her. She understood it. In fact, she had been thinking about it nonstop. She wasn't too naive not to realize that somewhere along the way, his feelings for her grew from friendship to something... deeper. She just didn't want to admit it and acknowledge it for fear that everything might change and suddenly become real.

Eh ano naman ngayon kung totohanan na ang lahat?

Was she ready for it? Would it hinder their work? Would anything change? What could change? How about Ivan? Did Ivan even factor in this situation?

These were just some of the questions that had been plaguing her mind ever since he started to be a little bit more showy about what he feels for her.

"Pero gaga ka rin naman. Sumagot ka rin ng miss mo na siya. Arrghhh..." she groaned as she turned and placed her head under her pillow. "Ken naman kasi, eh..." her muffled voice complained.

She remembered the way he smiled that special smile of his towards her when one of the staff brought siomai to the set during their last shoot, and with her telling him out of the blue, "Let me siomai love for you."

His smile lit his whole face up, his eyes twinkling as he looked at her, a little questioningly as if asking her if what she just said was true.

But was it? Was it already true?

"Lekat ka, Ken Chan," she mumbled as she turned over and closed her eyes, the image of his face still forefront on her mind. "Nakakalito ka na talaga."