Chapter 5: The Haunt Of...

"I can't believe he rejected me like that!" Belle huffed later, pouting like a spoiled schoolboy. Sebastien grinned again.

"I told you it wouldn't work - Lester isn't interested in things like that." She narrowed her eyes at the faraway figure still slumped at the bar over his dregs.

"Well why the hell else would he save this island?" Sebastien glanced round at Belle, who was sitting in the shelter of a giant propeller lodged partially into the ground some distance from the bar..

"How do you mean?" he asked. She gave him the sort of look which implied that she thought she was talking to a three-year-old.

"Because, dummy, why live if not for sex? Its not like you'll get anything out of this wasteland except those weird vibrating spring things that crawl around the beaches, and I'll never get people who use them." Sebastiens eyes widened.

"People actually do that?" She smiled wryly at him.

"You really are a fair innocent kid. I forget how old you are; seventeen, eighteen?"

"I'm twenty-two,", Sebastien snapped, and she grinned because they both knew that they both knew it and that Belle was just fooling. She always got into fooling when she was drinking. He knew that if she was sober then she wouldn't be acting at all like this. In the field she was quiet, alert, assertive. Here...

His thought process was interrupted when he realised Belle was standing; all of a sudden she stood taller than he did, sitting as he was. She looked at him with different eyes.

"Have you ever been with a woman, Sebastien?" He blushed scarlet, and looked away.

"Not really." He murmured. He was unsure why he had told Belle this, and immediately tried to clarify himself. "Not really, anyway. But what's the point anyway?"

"Whats the point?" Belle purred. "You want me to show you the point?" She hiccuped and giggled. "Haha, or can I see your point?" Sebastien stepped back. He knew she wasn't normally like this but just saying things didn't have any effect. What was happening now...

She walked forwards, her eyes focused on him. She slipped a little,, but the look on her face said that nothing was going to stop her. Sebastien didn't know what to do - he tried to speak, but Belle rammed him against the propeller and made to kiss him - he held his mouth away from her, but she leaned up on tiptoes to whisper in his ear,

"C'mon, Seb, you know we both want this-" She wrapped her arms around him and tried to kiss him again, but he bit his mouth shut. Her hands ran from the base of his neck, which she had pinched in a vice-like grip trying to force his mouth onto hers, down to the small of his back and -

"Stop it!" cried Sebastien. "Belle, you're drunk!"

She looked coquettishly at him, head down, eyes up, lips pouting. "C'moon, Seb!"

"No!" he spat, fighting a latent desire, and pushing her off him. She fell backwards onto the ground and smacked her head hard on the ground.

He exclaimed, and immediately went to pick her up. His hand extended to hers, and she gratefully took it, before pulling him down so he landed on top of her, legs splayed across her. She held him down and cooed the air loudly, head thrown back. She was still doing this, legs wrapped around Sebastien, when they were rudely interrupted by Lester, who looked at them oddly.

"So thats what you were doing. I should warn you kids, the patrons can all see you. Maybe you'd be better behind the propeller?"

"I want them to see!" Belle exclaimed.

"Get me off her!" Sebatien hollered at Lester, who chuckled and said "Oh! So its like that, is it?"

"Lester, I just joined the mile-high club!"