Pregnant•Daveed Diggs x Reader

Dialling Linnamon Roll....

"Hello hello hello! What's up?"

"Hey Lin..." you trailed off. "I need to talk with you as soon as possible. You busy right now?"

"I'm in rehearsal, but I'm more than happy to get out, they're running us hard today. The normal place?"

"Sure. See you in ten?" you asked. Sure, it was really soon, but you really needed to talk.

"Sure.  See you."

"Bye."

*************************************************

You sat by the window sill, sipping your coffee, staring out the window. The little cafe five minutes from the theatre was your favourite place to go. Not only was the food divine, the scenery was nice.  You could watch the many people rushing from place to place while feeling like you were in a peaceful bubble. It was easy to get lost in thought, like you were now, although your thoughts themselves were not so peaceful.

"Y/N!  There you are!" Lin exclaimed, snapping you out of your thoughts. "What's up?  You sounded worried on the phone." 

You signed. Lin was your best friend, but he was also your husband's employer, and you weren't too sure how well this was going to go down.

"I-um, well, ugh!"

"That was very literate. It cleared up a lot. Thank you Y/N."

"I'm pregnant, Lin," you finally got out.

"Oh."  He responded. "Does Daveed know?"

"No, and I don't know how to tell him!  He means everything to me, and, well, we haven't explicitly discussed kids, you know?  I don't know how he's going to take it," your eyes started to water. "I can't lose him."

"First of all, you're not going to lose him, Y/N.  He's your husband, and he's a good guy. He won't leave you. I won't let him. I'll include it in his contract if I have to. Secondly, it's not hard to tell him. If you think you can't verbally tell him, just give him the test results.  I get it, you're scared, but I'll tell you this. When V told me she was pregnant, it was probably the happiest day of my life. You're Daveed's world. I doubt it'll be any different. And if he reacts badly, just call me up and I'll fight him."

"Lin, he's way taller than you. Not to mention stronger."

"I'll fight him anyways."

"Thanks Lin.  This helped a lot."

"No problem, anytime," Lin said, and kissed you on the forehead.  "I gotta run.  See you!"

"Bye!"

***************************************************

"Alright, so what do I do?" You asked Lin for the eighth time that day on advice on how to break the news to Daveed.

"We went over this. Just go for it then watch him freak out because he'll be so happy."

"Got it, thanks Lin. I'll let you know how it goes. Daveed's home, so I have to let you go now.  Bye!"

"Bye."  He hung up.

You got off of you and your husband's shared bed, and went to go great him.

"Hey Daveed," you gave him a quick kiss on the lips.  "How was work?" 

He smiled tiredly.  "Tommy ran us through some crazy choreography today. I just want to take a nap."

"Preach!" You joked.

"How was your day?"

"It was alright. I went out with Lin for lunch, but then came home cause I wasn't feeling too great. Do you think you could take my temperature?" You asked.

He kissed your forehead. "You don't feel warm."

"Take it anyways, just in case?"

"Okay, fine."

You handed him the pregnancy test instead of a thermometer, and watched his face carefully.

"Y/N, this isn't a thermometer," he said slowly.

You shook your head. "I know," you said as you rubbed the back of your neck nervously.

"Are you..?" Your husband gently touched your stomach, and you nodded slowly, nervous for his reaction.

Any nerves you had quickly disappeared as the biggest grin you've ever seen slid onto his face. Daveed picked you up by the waist and spun you around.

"I love you I love you I love you I love you!  When did this happen? When did you find out?  We're going to be parents!  You're going to be a mom!  You're going to be the most amazing mother!  And- And I'm going to be a dad!  This is amazing!  I love you so much!"  He ranted, and peppered kisses all over your face. You pulled him in, and softly kissed his lips.

"I'm about 2 months along. I went to the doctor yesterday, but I couldn't figure out how to tell you."

"Love, you literally could've done the dumbest thing, and I would still be happy. This is amazing."

"As happy as I am that you are excited, I'd love to sit down. Do you want to throw on the TV?" 

"Sure. I'll get the blankets and ice cream."

"Just because I'm pregnant does not mean I want ice cream." You stated, looking your husband directly in the eyes, dead serious. You suddenly broke character, and let a grin creep over your face. "I always want ice cream." 

Daveed chuckled at this.  "Mrs. Diggs, I am very aware of that. Go sit down, I just need to get changed. I'll be there in a second.

You plunked yourself on the couch, and chose a show- Blackish, because hot d*mn did your husband look good.

"Seriously?" Your husband groaned.

"Yep. You look good."

He just rolled his eyes, and sat down on the couch. You curled up beside him, and sighed, grabbing the spoon for the ice cream he offered you. You realized, you no longer felt the fireworks go off every time you kissed your husband, nor did your heart speed up every time you touched. No, now you felt everything slow down. Now, you felt calm and secure in his arms. Now, you felt like you were home, and there was no where else you would rather be.

A/N: So, this is my first reader insert, so let me know what you think in comments!  Also, please request either here, in my PM, or on my Twitter (linked on my profile). Don't forget to vote, comment and follow if you haven't already!

Thanks for reading,

Keep up the awesomeness,

TheMightyBookworm

Written March 9, 2017