Chapter four || Heathens

It was finally morning, and the trio crept out of the cave. "Anybody out here?" Bellamy yelled into the air as someone yelled back. "We're here!" Gabi turned towards the voice. 

"We lost you in the stew. Where'd you go?" Bellamy asked as the others trotted towards them. "We made it to a cave down there. What the hell was-" Gabi cut the boy off. "We need to find Atom." She turned to see that Charolette had gone and her heart rate raised. She looked at Bellamy and the two looked for her while the rest of the group headed back to camp. Her and Bellamy heard a scream and ran towards it. 

Charolette was standing over Atoms almost-dead body. Gabi sucked in a breath of air and her eyes ran over the blisters on Atom. His eyes turned a light grey and she shivered. "Son of a bitch. Atom!" Bellamy ran towards his friend with Gabi on his trail. 

His body quivered and she knelt down beside him, Bellamy right next to her. "Kill me." His words were so silent she almost missed them. She met Bellamy's gaze and he knew what he had to do. "Charolette go back to camp." Gabi ordered her and she turned and walked as fast as she could away. Gabi pulled out her knife, but a large hand stopped her. She looked up to Bellamy his face inches from hers. His hand gently pulled the knife from hers and he looked down. Misery covered his face and he didn't want to kill Atom. Gabi knew he hasn't a killer, far from it. 

The two just stared at his convulsing body, until Clarke showed up. Finn was hot on her trail running up until he halted and Gabi met his gaze. She ran into his arms, a breath forced out of her when their bodies collided. Her nostrils were filled with his sent and it comforted her. "I'm so glad your okay." She muffled into his shoulder. His grip on her body tightened. "I'm so glad your okay too." They broke the hug and walked over to Clarke and Bellamy kneeling over Atom. 

Bellamy tightened his jaw and a muscle on the corner of his jaw line appeared. Gabi stared and he turned to look at her and she quickly looked away. Clarke began to hum a tune as she slid the knife into Atom's neck and he slowly stopped convulsing. His breaths became shallow and he died. 

Surprisingly, seeing someone die right in front of her didn't affect her at all. She didn't blink twice at the thought of death nor did it affect her. She walked back to camp in silence, her thoughts taking over her mind. 

As they reach camp, Octavia ran up to them. "Are you alright?" She asked Gabi. "Yeah I'm fine, lets just get you inside." Gabi hurriedly grabbed the brunette. She knew of her and Atom's relationship, and didn't want Octavia to blame Bellamy. "Gabi-whats going on?" She pushed past Gabi and Gabi tried to grab her but it was too late. "Octavia please stay back.. just.. just stay there." Bellamy put his hand in front of her. "Bell what? Move." She pushed past him and uncovered the jacket from Atoms body. 

She gasped. "There was nothing I could do O-" Bellamy began but Octavia cut him off. "Don't." She snapped at him. "O please." 

"I said don't" Her voice was cold and Bellamy was taken back. She rushed into the drop ship leaving Bellamy. 

Gabi turned back to see Bellamy talking to Murphy. "I tried to take him out but your psycho little sister-" Murphy was cut off by Bellamy grabbing his shirt and pushing him back. "My what?! My what?!" He screamed at Murphy, and his voice surprised Gabi a little. Murphy pushed him back. "Your little sister." He spit at Bellamy. "Yeah thats right, my little sister." And with that Bellamy stormed out of the camp. 

Gabi decided to follow him, to see what was up. She took her steps softly, making sure he didn't hear her. He came to a cliff like rock and sat down. Gabi made herself aware, her footsteps crunching  beneath the leaves. He didn't bother to turn around and Gabi sat next to him, her feet dangling off the edge of the rock. "Someone once told me not to leave camp at night." She gazed up at him amused and he met her gaze. Bellamy scuffed and didn't answer. She swiveled her head to face the trees below her. "You know, your sister won't be mad at your forever, she might be right now, but thats okay." Gabi spoke softly and she could feel Bellamy's eyes on her. She turned her head to face his, and her long hair falling behind her shoulders.