Chapter 3

I have to get over him! If I tell him about how I feel towards him, he would totally freak out on me and I could lose him. The friendship that we had so far will be gone. I can't risk that, he means more to me than anything. I would much rather have him in my life as a friend than not having him in my life at all. Why is life so unfair? Why can't I be with the one I love?

"Leave me alone!"

Wait! That sounded like...

"Let me go!"

Yes, that's her. I'd know her voice anywhere. She sounded like she was in trouble. I ran towards the sound of her voice. And I saw some guy twice her size trying to drag her into a dark alley. The guy was obviously drunk.

"You're not leaving me bitch!" he angrily growled.

"Let me go... I don't know you" she fearfully sobbed. Her face was streaked with tears.

"Hey! Let her go!" I barked.

"Jiwon...." A look of relief spreads across her face once she saw me.

"Mind your own business kid!" He angrily slurred.

I went up and punched him. He was out cold, thanks to the alcohol. I took her hand and started walking. I didn't know where I was going I just wanted to get her away from that place. After we were far enough I stopped. We were in the park. I turned and faced her.

"Are you okay? What are you doing out so late in that kind of neighborhood anyway." I questioned roughly.

Her head was down, refusing to answer me. I saw tears sliding down her cheeks. Suddenly I remembered my promise to get over Hoonie. I should at least try to be nice to her. After all she is the one he loves. I placed my hand on her shoulder and gently squeezed it.

"Soyoung, don't cry. Everything is alright now," I said more softly. All of a sudden she threw her arms around my neck and started sobbing hysterically. I wrapped my arms around her and let her cry. I felt my anger and jealousy towards her melting away with every tear that was finding its way down her face. This only made me feel that my decision was right. She's not so bad. She will make him happy, that's what's important. Right?

She finally stopped crying. She pulled herself away from me wiping her tears. "I'm sorry..... Thank you" she said quietly.

"Feeling better?" She nodded. I smiled at her. Surprised, she smiled back.

"Ah choo....!"
"Bless you." I took of my jacket and wrapped it around her. She looked at me as if in awed. I guessed she was just surprised at my actions. I've always been cold towards her.

"Th...Thank you Jiwon" she said quietly, looking away.

"Come on, I'll take you home." She nodded, still refusing to look at me.

We walked in silence with me a few paces behind her. When we finally arrived at her house, we stopped and stood there for awhile, with her back towards me. She suddenly turned around and held on to me.

"Thank you Jiwon." Then I felt her lips on mine. The kiss was brief. She quickly ran inside her house before I had a chance to react, leaving me standing outside, utterly confused.