No. five: Music

A/N: I know I've already written about the stars, but I love them so much, I thought I'd do it again. Let me know if I'm too repetitive. And thank you all for the wonderful comments!

~~~

The music began, the songs of the universe pouring down my ears, seeping into my soul. Every bone in my body hummed with the frequency singing through me.

My chest pounded with the reverb, every note bitter and sweet, tragic but full of hope.

I felt my brain fragmenting, it couldn't handle the strain.

It was as he said: The most beautiful way to die.

I fell backward in slow motion, every single cell in my body echoing the sheer wonder of the music.

He let me fall, slowly fading away.

I hit the floor and my mind shattered into a million fragments.

Stars swirled around me, clouds of spiraling universes, all in my head.

I could see everything, from stardust to nebulae, I saw the universe as it truly was, a heavenly orchestra.

The stars winked out.

The galaxies spun away.

And I alone knew the secret of the universe.

With my last conscious breath, I whispered the Word That Must Not be Spoken, the Name No One Names... My last gift to the world after a life of taking...

My flame extinguished.

My life force drained away.

And my heart beat one last time.

I was most definitely dead.

So how could I still feel it all, how could I hear the sweet music?

I felt my atoms dissolve, my matter rearranging, but it didn't hurt.

I felt myself change, I felt everything change.

I emerged, reborn, in an explosion of light and colour.

I felt the Song flowing around me, shaping new planets and creatures every second.

I didn't have arms or legs, just a consciousness.

And light.

So much beautiful light.

I didn't need eyes, for I could feel the gravity around me, the Song's power shifting and changing every second.

I didn't hear the music, so much as I felt it in every fiber of my divine being, for I was a star, burning at the center of it all.

"Live forever, my dear," He spoke into my head.

"Live and dream..."

~<>~

(A selection I wrote about three years ago to express my love for music and how it made me feel)