The Letter

~~~~~Hermione POV~~~~~
Harry, Ron, Ginny, Luna and I sit down in the great hall. There are no house tables. All of last years seventh years were called to Hogwarts a day before school started. Everyone is whispering, wondering what it could be. Minister Shacklebolt steps up to the podium with a very annoyed McGonagall standing behind him. He starts to speak, "Today you have all been called here to learn about a new law the Ministry has passed to help with the depleted population of witches and wizards after the battle against You-Know-Who. All unmarried 18 year old witches and wizards will be arranged in a marriage to someone who will best be able to reproduce with them. If there are multiple matches then we may take personality into account. Also there is a ban on both magic and muggle contraceptives to those impacted by this law." As he finished his speech there were cries of outrage and many sobs as couples clung to each other. The Minister points his wand at a table behind him covered in letters and the letters began flying to those they are addressed to. "In your letter you will find the location of your new living quarters, the password to get in, your new schedule, and your new spouse. There is no need for a wedding but you may have one if you wish. If you do not want to have a wedding, simply mutter the charm on the back of the letter and you will be registered as married. If you resist this law you're magic will be taken away. Also on the back is the deadlines required by this law." Everyone who was complaining became quiet as they opened their letters. Some people cheered halfheartedly while others sobbed in despair. A letter lands in front of me and I see my name written in curling letters. I open the my letter. I close my eyes then open one of them slowly. All the blood drains from my face. I bolt up out of my seat and he does the same. "I refuse!" We both shout at Minister Shacklebolt. Shacklebolt raises an eyebrow. "Would you rather have your magic removed?" Shacklebolt asks. He and I reluctantly shake our heads and turn to each other. "Granger." He growls. "Malfoy." I snarl back. Holy crap. I have to marry Malfoy! I realize and fall over, losing consciousness. I can tell by the screams that I'm not the only one doing so.