16

"What the fuck do you mean you'll be gone for a week?"

Louis couldn't remember the last time he had been so annoyed. The boys woke him up way earlier than called for, and while Louis was still half asleep, announced that they had to leave for a little while.

"Our father is having some... difficulties." Harry chose his words carefully, but Louis still scoffed. The only argument they ever had, was about how secretive the boys were when it came to their family.

All Louis knew about their home life was that they had parents that were still alive. Of course, only vampires could procreate with vampires and so forth, and their parents were almost double the twins own ages.

He also knew that their father owned some sort of business, and that it called for the boys to have to meet up with some shady creatures every once in awhile. They didn't give him any more information than that, and it aggravated Louis to no end.

"Whatever," Louis grumbled, rolling over and curling back up into bed. "bye. Have a great week."

He could hear Harry and Edward's synchronized sighs of exasperation, but he didn't care. He was over it. The boys knew basically everything about him, yet they refused to give him the same in return.

"Louis, you know if we could explain more, we would." Louis could feel the bed dip under Edward's weight, but refused to move. He was tired and more than a little upset, and he just wanted them to leave so that they could come back to him.

"It's fine. I'm used to it." Louis replied, voice expressing how tired he really was. "Bye. Have fun."

He didn't hear anything else, and because he refused to open his eyes to see that they were already gone, forced himself to fall back asleep.

It was going to be a long week.

-

With the boys gone, Louis decided to pick up some extra shifts at the club. He had previously asked his boss to not schedule him as much because of his new relationship, but now that he had a fucked over sleeping schedule and no one to keep him company, he was ready to throw himself into his work.

Zayn had disappeared along with Harry and Edward, and Louis was beginning to think that he had some business with them as well. It made Louis seethe because even his old hook up knew more about his boyfriends than he did.

It was day four of the boys being gone, and Louis hasn't heard from them at all since they left. At this point, he wasn't even sure what to think anymore. How could they think it would be okay to just leave him behind like this?

It was around four o'clock in the morning now, and Louis was ready to go to bed and never wake up. His body was sore from pushing himself so much the last few days, and his head was killing him.

He pushed the front door of the twins house open and locked it behind him, kicking off his shoes and walking straight to the bedroom. He hoped that even if the boys decided to fuck off, they had payments of the house taken care of, because he loved the place and at this point didn't want to have to go back to his tiny, shitty apartment.

He went straight to the bedroom and stripped out of his tight, black clothing, slipping into a clean pair of panties and a shirt of Harry's.

Just because he was angry, didn't mean he doesn't miss them.

After he was comfortable, Louis went out to the living room and turned the TV on. He wanted to cheer himself up, so he decided that he was going to find a funny movie, drink some wine, and maybe look around the guest room Zayn had been staying in to see if he left any of his weed.

"Louis?" The boy jumped at the harsh knocking on the front door, confused. "I know you're in there!"

Louis made a face when he realized the voice had a harsh Irish accent, knowing immediately that it was Niall.

"What do you want?" Louis called, putting his TV on mute so he could hear clearly without shouting on either of their parts.

"I need to talk to you. You've been avoiding me." Louis rolled his eyes, standing up and walking over to the door to swing it open.

The blond was pouting ridiculously, making Louis scoff at the sight. "Don't keep up with the act. I know that the boy's put you up to being friends with me."

"What?" Niall's eyes widened in surprise. "No, Lou! I was friends with you before they even came along. They didn't put me up to anything! Edward just told me they needed me to watch and protect you. They knew I was a creature, so they could manipulate me." Niall sighed, shrugging his shoulders. "You have to believe me."

"A creature?" Louis questioned, incredulous. "What the fuck, Niall? I didn't even know you were a fucking creature."

"Oops." The blond had the nerve to look guilty. "Can we please just talk inside?"

Louis made a face but finally moved away from the door, slamming it shut as Niall walked inside. "What kind of creature are you? Besides a major dick."

"I'm an incubus." Niall admitted. Louis rolled his eyes, muttering to himself.

"You know, I shouldn't be surprised at all." He grumbled, walking passed him and sitting taking his seat back on the couch. "Whatever. What do you want?"

"To apologize." Niall looked desperate as he sat next to him. "Louis, I know this all seems really fucked up right now, but I miss you. You're my closest friend, and I can't lose that."

"Jesus, Niall." Louis sighed, rubbing his temples. "I don't even know that to say right now. What are you even doing here? The suns about to rise, for goodness sake."

"Well, I heard that the twins were up to some nonsense back in their home town, so I figured I'd come corner you after work." He shrugged. Louis sighed, at least he was being completely honest now.

"What do you mean, nonsense back in their home town?" Louis perked up after going over the incubus' sentence. "You know what they're up to?"

Niall looked uneasy, but gave a quick nod of the head. "I mean, I've been hearing rumors. What's going on? I thought that they would be telling you these kinds of things."

"What kinds of things, Niall?" Louis practically hissed, frustrated. He wanted to shake the blond until he spit out whatever information he had.

"Well with all of the drama within the lower society, the twins had to go visit their dad." Niall answered, completely nonchalant. "I mean, Lucius has been calling for them for weeks now, but I think something big happened and they're just not telling us, and that's what made the boys finally decide to go home."

Louis' head was spinning. This was so much information, but yet none at all. "Lucius? That's their dads' name?"

"Yeah..." Niall trailed off. "Louis, I'm confused. I thought that you would know all of this."

"Yeah, Niall," he sighed sadly, letting himself lean against the boy. "I thought so too."

Woohoo! Things are gonna start getting good, folks. Buckle up xxxx