*Chapter *1*

"Anna! Back to earth Anna!"

Anna jumped all at once when she heard the all too familiar voice which she has been hearing from the past one year.

"Ah! Ivor, I was just...nothing" she said trying not to remember those events again. She had to get over them. But today, was the day when exactly one year back those bad things happened. After that everything changed. She didn't know who she was anymore.

"I'll never understand what goes inside that tiny head of yours," Ivor said frowning a bit. He had noticed her getting lost in her own world a lot, but she never said what she thought about so deeply. Every time he would bring up the topic of what happened one year ago she would always change the topic or avoid the question. He sighed deeply knowing that there's no use of pondering over it.

"So, where do you want to go for some ice cream?" Ivor asked buckling up his seat belt. He wanted her all for himself today. He regretted not being with her because of his work. Even if he didn't love her, he knew that he liked her more than a friend. This one year had changed the feelings he had for her. He knew everything about her except for that one thing which she kept hidden from him. That one incident which he knew was so bad that she couldn't still talk about it with him. And he would wait for her to talk about it herself, he didn't want to force her.

"Don't you know the answer already?" Anna said with a small smile. She knew that Ivor was trying his best to remain calm and not ask questions about it. That is the reason she liked him and agreed on it. He had turned out to be a totally different person than whom she thought would be. The bad boy in the school days really did change now. So cliche.

"I do, but I just wanted to start a conversation." Ivor shyly admitted looking ahead. He smiled when he heard a small chuckle escape from the girl beside him.

"So, what did you do today?" she asked looking at his handsome face. Ivor turned towards her just for a moment when she caught his eyes, they were dark brown in colour with flecks of gold. Golden, again another thing which reminded her of the saddest memory she had. She closed her eyes to stop the tears which were about to fall. She tried to console herself. Don't hurt yourself over and over again Anna, think about Ivor, he is all you've got right now, not Nat-

"Anna?" Ivor interrupted Anna's thoughts. I should stop thinking too much, Anna said to herself.

What is going on in her mind? Ivor thought he couldn't see the girl he was going to marry within one month keep secrets and worry about them all for herself. He wanted her to share them with him. Oh! how badly he wanted to listen to her thoughts right now.

"Sorry, I just have a lot on my mind right now," Anna said with a guilty look on her face. Today, one day when he wanted to spend time with her, she has been ruining it," I am really sorry Ivor. You must have had really important things to do today but you are here with me and I am totally ruining it." by the end of the sentence her eyes were filled with unshed tears.

"No, Anna. It's okay. Don't worry about my work." Ivor held her face in his hands and looked at her eyes which were filled with water. It hurt him seeing the pain she was going through, "I am here because I want to be with you. And you're not ruining anything. You make things even better for me. Now, do you want to eat some ice cream or not? If not then-" he started to buckle his seat again.

"Wait! I want to eat some ice cream!" Anna said at once stopping him from starting the engine.

Ivor chuckled. He knew that Anna wouldn't resist eating ice cream at any time of the day," Let's go in then," he said looking at Anna smiling sweetly at him, "So cute" he mumbled.