13

"It's been two weeks since he disappeared," Jessie told the team. "I mean, no one's seen or heard from him since."
"Slow down" said Cisco. "Just start from the beginning."
"Why did your dad go to Gorilla City?" Barry asked.
"Wait, can we slow down even further? What the hell is a Gorilla City?" Cisco asked.
"Okay, they're sentient, highly intelligent evolved gorillas in Earth-2. And they all live in a city deep in the heart of Africa."
"We sent Grodd there when he went after Fay Wray here," Cisco said, motioning to Caitlin.
       "Grodd's there?" Joe asked. Jessie nodded. "Why on Earth, any Earth, would your father want to go there?"
       "We received a mathematical cryptogram at our S.T.A.R Labs. It was highly complex. It took a week to decode it, but my dad and I did."
       "What did it say?" Iris asked.
       "It was an invitation from the gorillas to my dad."
        "Why Harry?"
         "They wanted to meet him. So he mounted an expedition with ten other people, and they went into the jungle...But they failed multiple check-ins, and a search party went in after them. All they found were the bodies all of them beaten to death. But no one's seen my dad...Is he-"
       "No, he's alive," I interrupted. "They went to a lot of trouble to get him there.... They obviously needed him for something. We're going to figure out what that is."
      "Oh! There you guys are. I've been looking all over for you. Are we going for coffee or what?" HR asked as he entered the cortex.
       "Dad!" Jessie exclaimed as she ran up to HR and engulfed him in a hug.    
     "Ah, oh...Yes, that's how you say good morning, people with hugs."
        "Jesse, that's not who you think it is. This is H.R.You met him briefly before you left last time." Jessie broke the hug.
        "At your service, Madame," HR said, tipping his hat.
        "He's Harry's replacement," said Wally.
       "Some would say improvement," said HR.
        "Um, this is Harry's daughter," I said to HR.
       "He's been kidnapped."
        "He--I didn't know...I'm so s-I thought--Sorry about tha-"
        "I'm sorry, too," said Jessie with a small smile.
        "I'm sorry I took the smile from your face," HR apologized. All of these thoughts about gorilla city left me in deep thought. Barr caught on: 
        "What are you thinking about?" Barry asked me as I directed my attention towards him.
       "The future...There's a headline from the future: 'the city's still recovering from a gorilla attack'."
      "You're thinking this headline and Harry being taken are tied together?" Barry asked.
       "I mean, it can't be a coincidence, right? Harry getting lured to Gorilla City? Grodd must be planning something."
         "Seems like he's planning to come back to this Earth and not alone, by the sound of it," said Cisco.
       "If we rescue Harry, then maybe that stops whatever Grodd's planning here, and maybe that changes the future," Barry said, full of hope. 
       "Which would change my future."
        "So we save Harry, we save Chloe."
         "Let's do this! For Harry! He's all our friends, right?" I asked, standing up from my chair. "We're going back to earth two."
      "And I suppose you'll want somebody to come with you who's gonna open those breaches for you?" Asked Cisco.
       "We had so much fun last time," I nudged.      
      "Fun-ish...I don't think almost getting killed by your evil doppelganger and watching the doppelganger of your deceased friend die count as fun...But I'm in."
        "I'm gonna come too...." said Caitlin. "I have a special connection with Grodd. Maybe we can use that to get through to him."
       "Yes, okay."
      "Great, yeah, I'm coming too!" Said Jessie, excitedly.
       "No." Jessie frowned. "I'm sorry, Jesse, no."
       "Look, I didn't come here for you to take all the risk. I'm going to help."
        "I understand you want to help, but your dad would kill me if I let you come along."
        "I'm a Speedster now, okay? I can take care of myself," said Jesse, taking a step foreword.
       "I know, which is exactly why I need you to stay here," I said, giving her a serious look. "This city needs protecting while we're gone.... Besides, maybe you can teach Wally a thing or two," I said, giving Jesse a wink.
       "Wait, what is she talking about?" Jesse asked, giving Wally a puzzled look. Wally held up his hand a phased. Jesse looked up at him in shock. "Wow.." She replied. "So you're you're a speedster now."
"Yeah, we're both Speedsters now," Wally spoke, grabbing Jesse's hand. He held it for a few seconds before she pulled her hand away.
       "Great, yeah, that's, uh--that's awesome," Jessie spoke before she sped away.
        "I, um I thought she'd be more excited than that," Wally said, looking down at the floor.         
      "It's alright bud," I said, patting Wally on the shoulder. "Barry and I will catch up later.... We've gotta convince Julian to cover for us while we're 'away'." I said in air quotes. I then took Barry's' hand and walked with him to CCPD. Upon entering, we were greeted by Joe and our Captain.             "Hey Joe!.....Captain," I said, greeting them and giving them a slight wave. "We were just heading up to the lab. We're gonna be out for a day or two."                
     "Another day or two?" Captain asked. "May I ask what for?" I had to come up with a reason quickly. I came up with the easiest one because I knew he couldn't say no to it.                             
     "You know.... Parental stuff.... Not long before—"
        "Alright, alright...I just needed to make sure you weren't doing anything irrational or insane...Y'know? I know how you Allens can be. I'd think you were even crazier if you said you're going to another dimension to fight King Kong or something..." Captain said with a chuckle.
     "Yeah...That would be crazy....." I said, tugging at my collar nervously. To avoid suspicion, I changed the subject and redirected his attention: "We'll see you soon Captain, it looks like someone needs you," I said, pointing to his office where an officer was standing. Captain nodded off and I sighed.  
     "That was close," I said to Barry and Joe before he was called over to his desk. Joe said goodbye and we parted ways. Barry and I then headed up to the lab and found Julian at his desk, sifting through a pile of papers.
      "Hey, Julian..." I said, slowly approaching his desk.
      "Just spit it out, I know you didn't come here to say hello."
      "You got me, there was something we wanted to ask you. Would you maybe be able to cover for us at work for the next few days? Captain already gave his approval, but I wanted to make sure we have yours."
     "A few days? Why?"
     "We---um--have a thing we're--it's just--it's Flash stuff."
      "Such as?" Julian asked, now standing up from his chair. 
     "A friend of ours is lost on a parallel Earth, and we're gonna go get him back."
      "A parallel Earth?" Julian asked, skeptical. 
     "Yeah."     
     "As in the multiverse?" Julian asked, I nodded. "I'm interested...And do you often travel to other Earths?"
     "No, I well, when we have to....Look, Julian, will you just stay and help the team while we're gone. Captain already approved and you're the only person we need approval from. We need to know that we will be covered for while we're gone...That's what Team Flash does...We cover for each other."
       "What does Caitlin think of all this multiverse hopping?" Julian asked curiously. "Does she approve?"
       "She's coming," said Barry.
     "Not a wise move, surely...She can barely control her cold powers as is. You witnessed her last time she lashed out. You don't want that happening ag-"
     "We might need her for Grodd."
      "Grodd? Gr ---That telepathic gorilla? Where are you going?...Are you going to Planet of the Apes?" Julian asked, getting more excited.
     " No, it's just a city of them, okay? Will you cover for us?"
     "Not if you're going to Planet of the Apes..."
     "We're not going to Planet of the Apes, okay? Calm down. Are you covering for us, or not?" I asked.
      "Yeah, of course..." Julian said, sitting back down in his chair. I slung my coat around my shoulders and said goodbye to Julian. I thanked him one last time before heading towards the door. "Take lots of pictures for me! I want a lot of pictures of that Planet of-" Julian said as we approached the door. I cut him off and turned on my heels:
     "WE"RE NOT GOING TO PLANET OF THE APES!!" I yelled. Julian got my message and sat down in his chair. I turned back around, brushed off my coat, and walked down the steps to the elevator. Every cop in the precinct now had their attention to me and my face turned a bright red.
     "Hormones," Barry said as we finished the journey down the steps and approached the elevator. I hit the button and waited anxiously for the elevator to open. When it did, I stepped inside, avoiding all the judgmental looks I was receiving. I waited for Barry to get inside before hitting the elevator button again to go down to the first level. Barry and I sped to S.T.A.R Labs.
    We sped down to the tech room where the old equipment was stored. There, Cisco, Wally, Joe, Caitlin, HR, Iris, and Jesse were waiting for us.
      "Make sure you run a tight ship," I said to HR.
     "Don't worry, I got everything covered," HR said as he waved the sticks he was holding in the air.
     "Watch him like a hawk," I whispered to Iris before she looked over at HR, who was singing a song and frolicking about. "And make sure Wally doesn't—"
     "I won't.... Don't worry. I can handle this. We've gone days without having you here. I think we can handle it again."
     "But last time we didn't have an HR to look after," I said before Iris and I laughed.   
     "I got you, girl," Iris said before she gave me a hug. Joe walked in the door and approached Barry and I.
     "Remind me again why I am cool with letting you guys do this?" Joe asked.
     "Because Harry is our friend and we're not gonna let him die."
     "I don't know him as well as I know you guys. I don't want you to put yourself in complete danger, okay? Please come back in one piece. And please don't do anything stupid."
     "Like voluntarily going to a city of super apes? Does that count?" I asked.
   "Just rescue Harry and come back safe, okay?" 
     "Of course..." I replied before Joe hugged both of us and went to the platform where Cisco was finalizing his vibe gear.
   "Ready?" Cisco asked as he stepped down from the platform. He joined our side and put his goggles on. He held out his hand and a breach was starting to form. We were about to jump through, but were interrupted by a voice coming from behind. Cisco threw his hand down and we directed our attention to Julian in the doorway, who was dressed up in an Indiana Jones type outfit.
     "Indiana Jones much?" Cisco chuckled.  "Where's your whip? And the crystal skull?"
     "Cisco, my friend, this is not my first expedition, and believe me, this is the perfect attire."
      "Wait, Julian, what's going on? I thought you were gonna cover for us?"
      "I spoke to Captain Singh. He thinks we're at a morphology conference--up in Bludhaven. I told him you cancelled your parental plans to do something fro work."
     "Alright. Get over here," I said as Julian pumped his fist and ran over to us. He stood next to Caitlin:
     "You don't have to come, Julian," Caitlin spoke. "You don't even know Harry."
      "A chance to travel to another dimension I mean, I wasn't gonna miss that."
       "We're not going sightseeing," she replied.
       "Would you quit it!" I yelled. "We're not even there yet, and you're already arguing. We all know you love each other, but can you at least act like an old, married couple when you're actually old and married?" I asked them. Julian and Caitlin both blushed and turned the same shade as Barry's suit. "Jesse, Wally, you make sure this city's safe while we're gone, all right?"
     "We will," Wally replied.
    "Chloe, if you see my dad, just tell him—"
     "You'll see him real soon, Jesse.... Speedster's honor," I smiled. She took a final glance at me before looking back at Wally.
    "Let's do this!' Cisco said before holding his hand out and forming a breech.
     "Earth-2, here we come," I said before we jumped inside. After flashing scenery and familiar imagery, we were through and stumbled out of the breech as it closed behind us. We got up and looked around. Trees surrounded us and it began to drizzle. 
      "How was that?" I asked, looking over at Julian.
      "Bloody brilliant," Julian replied. I giggled.
      "Well, we made it," said Barry.
     "Welcome to the jungle, baby," said Cisco as he turned off his goggles and took them off his head. He folded them up and put them in his pocket.
      "Earth-2 Africa...Not hot at all...I guess global warming's not really a thing here."
      "But bugs are," I said as I swatted away a fly.
      "How exactly does saving someone on this Earth prevent an attack on ours?" Julian asked.
    "If Grodd is planning to attack, he's gonna need to open a breach to our Earth, and the only one over here that can open one is—"
     "Harrison Wells." Barry finished.
       "Harrison Wells, yeah."
     "So if we save him from Grodd, then he can't get to our Earth, the attack never happens, we change the future, and we're one step closer to saving me." We trekked on and Cisco lead the hike. We followed him through the forest, keeping dry from the rain and avoiding any obstacles or roots the forest put in our path. I noticed Julian lagging and I looked back at him. He had his canteen up to his lips and took a sip. He the put the cap back on and let it fallback to his side.
     "Ah..Refreshing....Want some water?" Julian asked me.
   "I'm okay, thanks."
    "It's important to stay hydrated on a parallel Earth."
       "It's so weird being back here on this alternate universe. This is where we met Killer Frost. This is the earth where I was captured by Zoom...This is where I met my doppelganger."
      "What was she like?" Julian asked.   
     "She was married and had a child. I never figured out with who, though. Barry met her. When Barry introduced himself to her, she didn't even know who he was. Barry and I weren't even acquaintances on this earth. He was married to Iris and was the head of the CSI department. It's crazy to think that a world like this exists because of how used to things I am on our earth."
     "I don't have much experiences with multiverses and alternate dimensions, but—" Julian tried to say before we were interrupted by a loud beeping noise. The line stopped and we all looked at Cisco, who was kneeling on the ground. He picked up an object and held it up. It was Harry's watch. He examined it for a few seconds longer until it stopped beeping and we all looked around with suspicion.
     "It's a trap!" I exclaimed before we all scrambled. One by one, our team fell to the ground. I felt a sharp pain coming from my leg and my vision blurred. I grabbed the object that was shot into my leg and threw it to the ground. By that time, whatever was injected into my system had entered it and I fell to my knees. I tried to fight it, but I was then taken under by darkness.
     I shot up from my position on the floor and examined my surroundings. We had all been in cagelike structures and Barry lay next to me, passed out on the floor. Beyond the cages was a concrete room that resembled a dungeon. A pile of bones lay by the narrow stairway and torches were lit.
     "You all right?" Barry asked as he sat up and placed a hand on my back.
    "Yeah," I replied.
     "Us too," Julian said as I looked over and saw him and Cisco in their shared cage.
      "Yeah, me too," Caitlin said as we looked over at her.
    "Looks like you're going to have to phase us out of here," Cisco said before I nodded and walked over to the bars of the cage. I placed my hands around them and began to vibrate. After a minute, I stopped. "I can't.... Something's holding me back."
       "Can you open a breach?" Barry asked. Cisco stood in the corner of his cage and held his hand out. Nothing happened and his hand fell back to his side.
     "No dice."
     "I don't think it's the cell," I said, examining the cell and it's features. "Grodd must be dampening our powers somehow."
      "There has to be another way," Julian said before we heard footsteps. We braced ourselves for Grodd, but were surprised when it was a familiar face.
      "Harry?" I asked. You're all right!"
     "Wells!" Cisco exclaimed. "You got to help us get out of here before the gorillas come back." Harry didn't respond to either of us, but stared blankly at us. When he spoke, it wasn't Harry. It was Grodd speaking through him.
      "Hello, Flashes."
       "Grodd?" Julian asked. "That's the gorilla you were talking about?"
     "He's talking through Wells," I replied. 
     "That's a thing?"
      "Yeah, sort of trips you out at first, but trust me, you get used to it," Cisco replied.
    "Grodd, let him go," I spoke as I came closer to the edge of the cage. "This is between you and me..."
      "Not yet.... I need him."
       "For what? Why'd you lure him here?" I asked.
     " For you...Need your help."
      "Help? Got a funny way of asking for it," Cisco spoke.
      "You sent me here! Remember?" Grodd asked. "To live in this hell! Where I am forced to serve under the rule of Solovar."
       "Who's Solovar?" I asked.
    "Ruler of Gorilla City...And now he wants to rule the humans. He will bring war to your Earth."
     "Why?" Caitlin asked.
    "He has seen many conflicts between gorillas and humans. He is afraid the humans will attack, but now that you're here, he will bring the fight to you."
      "So you lured us here to stop him?" Barry asked.
    "As trespassers, you will be sent to the arena and executed."
      "Nice! How about a signpost at the front? What a bad idea..." I said, throwing my hands in the air.
    "Will be Solovar's great honor to kill you himself."
      "But, if he were to be defeated, the other gorillas would see his weakness and would no longer follow him."
      "Well, I'm not gonna kill anyone, not even a gorilla," I said, looking around at my friends.
      "Kill or be killed! This is the only law Gorilla Kind understands."
     "How do you benefit from this, Grodd?" Julian asked.
      "Solovar falls. I take his place. I rule the gorillas, and I promise to keep them in Gorilla City."
      "How do we know we can trust you?" Caitlin asked.
     "Because even though you sent me away, your Earth is still my home. And there are those among you I will never forget," Grodd said, looking at Caitlin. "Kill Solovar, and Central City will be spared.... Fail, and see your home turned to ash," Grodd finished before Harry's body fell to the ground.   
      "Chloe, do you really think you could kill this Solovar? Do you think you could take a life?" Barry asked before I shrugged. "If it's what I have to do..." I replied before footsteps were heard coming down the stairs. A gorilla came down to the bottom of the stairs and stood infront of our cages. He was Grodd sized, but had white fur.
    "It is as I feared,"  he spoke. "The humans court war with Gorilla Kind." Solovar and everyone else turned our attention to the other gorilla that was coming down the stairs. "Why did you not tell me, Grodd, more humans had entered the city?" Solovar asked, facing Grodd who was behind him. Solovar was getting angry and clenched his fist. 
      "I was about to inform you, Solovar." Grodd said before Solovar punched him and sent Grodd flying back. Grodd and Solovar had a fight, and Solovar won. He knocked Grodd out with one final punch and Grodd fell to the floor. Solovar scoffed and walked back over to our cages.
     "Why? Why are you here? To study us like animals? Make us your pets?" Solovar asked, full of anger and rage. I put my hands up. 
    "No, no....We came here in peace...We entered your city by mistake. We mean you no harm...Please just let me and my friends go, and I promise, we'll never come back here again." Cisco rolled his head and looked at us. His eyes were now glowing red and he spoke:
      "My brethren have seen you. Your fate is sealed. You will all die by my hand in the arena so that all will know that Solovar's justice is wise and swift."
       "All right, I'll make you a deal. I'll fight you in the arena, just me. But if I beat you, you let my friends go, and you leave us alone for good."
     "Chloe, what are you—"
      "I accept...." Cisco said. "Humans and their arrogance. First you will suffer. Then I will grant you each a horrible death," Cisco finished before his head rolled back again and he collapsed. Julian rushed to help him up and Solovar left.
      "Speedster versus super gorilla, Best-worst video game ever," Cisco said, rubbing his head. Julian helped him to his feet.
      "Chloe, do you think you can do this?" Barry asked me.
      "We'll see. I got myself into this mess, and I'm not planning on going home dead," I said before a gorilla came up to our cells. He used his telepathy and gave everyone a blaring headache. That froze them all in place while the cell was opened and I was taken out. I walked out with my gorilla escorts and my powers were dampened until I was thrown into the arena. I stood in the circle of a roman coliseum like structure. Gorillas were occupying every seat, yelling and screaming. My drifting off was cut off when Solovar approached me, equipped with a sword, shield, and armor.
     "I didn't know this was a gladiator fight...You should have told me. I could've been better prepared."
    "Silly human... After you die, your friends will follow you into the black."
      "We'll see," I said through gritted teeth.
      "Chloe...Chloe...Can you hear me?" Cisco asked. My earpiece and Cisco's phone made it through the check when we were abducted. The gorillas' propably thought we couldn't use them because of the fact that our friends were on another earth. 
     "I hear you loud and clear, Cisco."
      "I got a plan for you...It's all about the speed punches..." Cisco said before the horn sounded and Solovar came at me. I sped to him, and began speed punching. It didn't phase him at all, and Solovar had the upper hand. He whacked me with his shield and I went flying. I crashed into the edge of the arena wall and the audience erupted and cheered.
     "Change of plan, Chloe....It's all about the running away," Cisco said before I began to run around the arena wall. Dust came up from the floor and Solovar was trying to keep me in his line of vision.
     "What about the lightning throw?" Cisco asked midrun.
    "Worth a shot!" I said before I ran faster. I was getting up to maximum speed when Solovar jumped in the air and smashed his sword into the ground. The ground cracked and I was thrown into the air. I tripped and rolled. Solovar was now running towards me and I spit out the dirt that I had collected when I rolled.  
     "That's 0 for 2.... Come on, Chloe, get up..." Caitlin said into my earpiece.
     "All my days, this is quite the reversal of our fortune," Solovar said as he hovered over me. I had nothing I could do and I was done. I knew it was over for me and I had lost. Solovar had won. I struggled to get up and he got closer.
      "...Reversal...Chloe, it's time to pull a reverse Flash," Cisco said before I quickly raised my hand and vibrated it. I struck Solovar in the chest and he flew into the air. He came down with a thud and gave no response. He was out. He lost, and I had won. The crowd erupted.
      "She did it! She really did it!" Cisco exclaimed from my earpiece.
       "She bloody well did it," said Julian.
       "I won't kill him! I won't!" I said, panting. "I know you all fear humans! You think we want war with Gorilla Kind! We don't!" I shook my head. "We're not all murderers and killers! We only want peace! Which is why I'm sparing your leader! We call it mercy." I said before Grodd smashed his hand against the wall infront of him. I smiled and celebrated my victory before I felt another sharp pain and my knees became weak.
     "Oh....what happened?" I asked as I sat up from Barry's lap and looked around. I was back in the cell.
    "Nice win! Congratulations!" said Cisco. "You won."
      "What about Harry?"
      "He's still catatonic," Caitlin said before Harry sprang to life and spoke:
     "Flashette..." Harry was taken over by Grodd once again.
      "I won...Solovar promised to let us go."
      "No," he replied.
      "No? What do you--I don't understand."
      "You never had any intentions of letting us go, did you?" I asked, angered.
      "I told you I needed you.....I could not defeat Solovar in combat, but you could.
You did, and now I am the ruler of Gorilla City, and all the gorillas will follow me."
     "Solovar never wanted to attack Central City....You do.  This was all a lie. My win..Solovar going down...It was all part of your game!"
       "You took my home away from me, and now I will take it back! The gorillas saw what you did, Flashette....They saw you defeat Solovar, and now they are afraid of humans and will do anything I order, and I will order them to invade your Earth, and your city will burn."
        "You were planning this the whole time."
      "Yes.....Father taught me well...Always think ahead....And I had plenty of time to think in cages built by you and then by Solovar."
      "Then why don't you just kill us? Huh? Since we already did your damn dirty work for you."
      "Still need you."
      "I'm not doing anything for you."
     "Not you, Flashette....You.. "Grodd said, pointing at Cisco. "You will open the breach to First Earth. My army will cross that breach, and all the humans in Central City will burn before Gorilla Kind!"
     "Grodd, you are smart, maybe smarter than all of us, smart enough to know that you cannot do this.," Caitlin said. "Intelligence and violence, they're opposites from each other. What you want to do, it's not logical, not for someone as wise as you are."
      "You forget, Flashette, I am an animal....I am a gorilla...Kill or be killed!"
    "I'm gonna get out of this cell, and I'm gonna stop you...And end this once and for all..." I said, taking a step foreword.
"....No, you won't....You will die..." Harry finished before he passed out. This time, Harry woke up and wasn't taken over by Grodd.
      "Snow?" Harry asked, taking off his glasses and wiping them on his shirt. 
     "You okay?" Caitlin asked.
     "I have a headache, I guess.... Ugh!" Harry exclaimed as he sniffed himself. "And I think-- is that me? I smell-"
       "That counts as okay," I replied.    
"Barry...Chloe...Cisco...Indiana?" Harry asked.
     "Julian...Julian Albert.." Julian replied.
    "Jesse, my daughter—" Harry said, rising to his feet. "Where's-"
     "She's fine...She's on Earth-1," Cisco replied.
   "Why did you come for me?" Harry asked.
     "A city of evil genius apes.....Sounded like fun..." I replied. Harry smiled and I chuckled.
      "Well, I don't deserve it, but thank you, Snow....Thank you, Barry, Chloe, Cisco...Indiana."
      "I can't phase through the bars, how are we supposed to get outta here?" I asked. "We have to find a way out of here so we can stop him."
      'You keep saying that, but what if we can't get out? What if we're stuck here? What if this is the way—"
      'Well, we can't think like that....While there's life, there's hope."
       "And if there isn't life?" Cisco asked.
     "What is that supposed to mean?" I asked Cisco. I was confused as to what he was getting at.
     "Grodd needs me to open the breach so he can attack Earth-1," said Cisco. "What if I wasn't alive to do that?"
    "You planning on dying?" Julian asked.
   "Only if you kill me.... Look, this is something we have to consider...Right now, I can't think of any other way to stop them...They'd have no other way of getting to Central City..."
      "He's right," Barry replied. "Cisco's death would change the newspaper headline in the future."
     "Headline?" Harry asked.
     "Long story...I'll explain later," I said, directing my attention from Harry to Cisco. "The only downside is that it would make another one come true, the one about Killer Frost."
      "You want me to kill you?" Caitlin asked.
    "Think about it."
      "Grodd doesn't know you have cold powers. You might be able to use them."
      "Cold powers?" Harry asked. "She --you have cold powers? I knew it...I knew that you and I did not get Chloe out of that mirror."
       "If you kill someone, there's no going back.... You'll be Killer Frost for the rest of your life.
Now, I did not come all this way to see that happen," Julian said to Caitlin.
      "Did you come here because you 'live for danger' or to protect me?" Caitlin asked.
      "I just don't want to see you become something you're not."
   "Aww...Jaitlin is coming true!" I said, folding my hands and cooing. "But to bring this back to reality, I'm not gonna kill you, Cisco. We need an idea that doesn't involve murdering one of our friends."
      "No, Cisco's right...." said Barry, taking a step foreward. "One of us has to die..."
     "That's not gonna happen...Anyone got any bright ideas?" I asked.
     "I do." Caitlin rose from her spot and explained her plan. We all got in position, and Caitlin put our plan to action. Grodd came downstairs eventually and saw that I was lying on the floor.
       "She started coughing violently..." Barry sobbed.
       "And then she clutched his side and keeled over," Caitlin added.
      "The injury, it must have ruptured one of her kidneys," said Harry.
      "She went into shock," Julian said.
       "Her heart stopped," said Cisco.
       "I couldn't resuscitate her," Caitlin finished. Grodd opened my cell and felt my neck.
      "Cold.... She's dead..." He picked me up by my foot and dragged me across the floor. He threw me onto of a pile of bones and proceeded to leave. "She was of no use to me anyway." Barry waited until he was up the stairs to speak.    
     "Chloe...Grodd is gone..." Barry said to me. "Grodd is gone..."
     "Come on, mate," said Julian. I awoke. I phased and got all the cold out. I stood up and brushed myself off.
     "It worked!"
       "Allen, Allen, you all right, mate?" Julian asked.
     "Yea..Yeah, I'm good."
       "I didn't freeze you too much, did I?" Caitlin asked.
      "I'm good."
       "Well, then let's get the hell out of here," Cisco asked as he pointed to the lever. I walked over to the lever and lifted it. All the cages opened and my friends were set free.
     "RUN!" I exclaimed before we ran out of the temple. We ran deep in the woods and could tell we were being followed.
      "We should be far enough out that you should be able to use your powers."
       "We need a breach open right now. Time to warp out of this madhouse!"
       "Guys, we got to go before they realize we're gone!" I said before their army got closer.
      "Too late for that," Cisco said before he opened a breech. We jumped inside and just missed Grodd. We caught our balance and met Jesse and Wally, who sped into the tech room to greet us. HR caught up to them, panting.
     "Dad!" Jesse exclaimed before hugging him. "You okay?" she asked. He nodded.
        "I'm sorry you guys missed it....Word of advice: don't volunteer for these things.
Nothing ever tries to rip you limb from limb if you don't volunteer," said Julian.
     "I'm so fine, thanks to our friends, our good friends," Harry said to us. Barry placed a hand around my waist and pulled me close to him.
       "You're welcome, Harry."
       "Wow, I think I just forgot how handsome you were," HR said.
       "Oh, I forgot--He's still here."
      "Yeah."
       "Still here."
       "I guess we have your tactical and technical genius to thank for getting us out of that fix?" Harry asked.
       "Nah? Nah."
      "You were completely right about him.... He's a total fraud.... He's not even a scientist...And I'm sure you couldn't even remember an ATM code if you tried," Harry teased.
      "All those all those numbers," HR replied.
      "It's only four digits—"
      "Boys—"
     "Why is he still here?" Harry asked.
     "Because we couldn't do it without him," Replied Cisco.
      "I thank you, Francisco."
     "Fran--Francisco?" Harry asked
   "Don't ask."
      "Yo, so what actually happened? You fight some really super-smart apes, or what?" Wally asked. I patted him on the shoulder.
      "Yeah, we did....And they were smart, but today, at least, we were a bit smarter."
     "I'll be back. Jessie and I have to break the news to her dad that she's staying here."
     "Ooh..Wally's gonna get it. I swear, if we have more children running around here. You're still a little boy, Wally To young to be a-"
     "I get it. I'll see you guys later," Wally said before walking over to Jessie in the medical room.
     "We're gonna call it a night. After that, I need some sleep."
    "Me too...Later guys," Barry said. We said goodbye to Cisco and HR, and eavesdropped on Julian and Caitlin in the medical room. They were talking about Caitlin's powers, and I watched as Julian went for the kill. He kissed her, and she kissed back. I jumped up from my position and celebrated:
     "JAITLIN IS REAL!!" I yelled. I then ducked down and tried to hide myself. I waited a few seconds before standing back up and speeding home.
     "That was some day we had today," Barry said, joining me on the couch. "We changed the future without changing who we are...If we can keep doing this, we can stop Savitar. Wherever he is, however he's gonna come at us, I can stop him. I know it now."
      "How do you do that, Bar?" I asked.
     "Do what?" Barr tilted his head.
    "Stay positive in the face of overwhelming odds."
      "Because I plan on living a long life with you, and nothing's gonna take that away from me. Not the Time vault article, not Savitar, and not anybody else," Barry said, placing his hand on mine.
     "It's been a long day...Do you want to head to bed? Get some sleep?" I asked Barry.
       "Well that last part is entirely up to you," Barry said with a smirk.
------------------------------------------
HERE'S AN UPDATE FOR YOU! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and this took a LONG time to write. Editing and writing of just this chapter alone took 6 hours. I'll see you in this chapter and more is yet to come! -Flashette1

**I've been using a new method of writing, let me know how it is working.**