Prologue

They say that life is a fragile thing, something that is supposed to be cherished with every breath and heat beat. They also say that you never know what you have or how much you take something so simple for granted, until it's gone. I learnt that the hard way. Death makes a person realise that life is a very fragile thing that indeed needs to be cherished. If yo have ever lost a loved one then you would know exactly what I am talking about.

They sun warms my heart shaped face, drying the tears that stain my face. I look down at my twin brothers who are only two and a fresh way of grief washes over me, tears steadily streaming down my face. Jack the oldest by two minutes clutches my legs and looks up at me with those baby blues that runs in our family. Gently I run my hands through his soft brown hair, trying to force out a small smile for him. A small tough at my hair brings my attention to the younger twin Archie, who looks almost exactly like his brother. Only there is a hint of green in his eyes and his hair is a lighter brown.

Once the preacher ends his prayer I take both of the boys, who each have a flower clutched in their tiny hands, and let the flowers fall on top of the two caskets that will be the final resting place of our beloved parents. Raising my eyes I read the simple but loved words written on their gravestones.

Beloved Wife and Mother

Alicia Blue

14/02/1972 - 12/08/2016

Beloved Husband and Father

Jacob Blue

30/09/1970 - 12/08/2016

Numbly I stand with the two boys each clutching one of my legs, quietly talking to each other, as I shake each persons hand who offers their condolences. Everyone has some lie they have to say about my parents, claiming that they where such close friends, when really my parents where both such private people. We where the family in town that kept to themselves and didn't appreciate people sticking their noses where they didn't belong. So high school had always been hell for me. All the kids speculating what was wrong with our family and what freaky things happened at home. Now people where just gossiping about the eighteen year old boy who had dropped out of college and gotten two jobs to keep his family together.

I grab a hand from each of the boys, smiling softly down at them, and lead them away from the graves of our parents. Lifting each of the boys into their carseats I buckle them in, making sure the seatbelt is all secure before bulking myself in and diving away.