Chapter Two

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Tyler's eyes fluttered open to the repetitive sound of his alarm clock. He delicately placed his hand on it and began pressing the buttons until the noise stopped. It was silent. He sat up, remembering that it was Monday, and Monday meant school. Tyler didn't want to go to school, and would get out of it by any means necessary. But he had already missed too many days in the semester, therefore, he was forced to go. He let out a sigh and got himself up from his bed, he lazily wandered over to his closet, looking for something to wear. He threw off his white t-shirt, now only in his boxers, he continued to rummage through his closet. He pulled out a grey hoodie and found a pair of skinny jeans to wear.

Tyler changed into his outfit, then wandered to the bathroom. He grabbed the comb on the counter, and began to brush his hair in an attempt to get rid of his bed head look. He may not have cared too much about himself, but his anxiety sure cared about what other people thought of him. When he was satisfied with his hair, Tyler put the comb down, and walked back out of the bathroom. He walked over the filthy floor of his bedroom, nearly covered in dirty clothes, hygiene wasn't a strong point of his these days. 

He grabbed his backpack from off the floor and threw it over his shoulders as he opened his door, fingers gripping the doorknob tightly, he slowly turned the knob. Tyler peeked out, hoping nobody was up and around yet. He tiptoed down the stairs, carefully and quietly, his ands slid down the railing as he went. When he reached the last step, his toes gracefully touched the wooden floor through his socks. He continued to walk quietly into the kitchen.

Damn it. Tyler thought to himself as he saw his mother at the counter, making coffee.

"Good morning sweetheart." She said to Tyler with a smile.

"Morning." Tyler said.

"Want some toast before you go?" His mother asked.

"N-no, thanks," he stuttered, "have you seen my car keys?"

"On the counter." She replied as she turned back to making her coffee.

"Thanks." Tyler said, leaving the room as quickly as possible.

He dashed out of the kitchen and made his way to the front door, Tyler slipped on a pair of sneakers, and headed out. He unlocked the door and carefully opened it, the cold air sending chills down his spine, it felt good. He made sure to close the door as carefully as he had opened it. 

Tyler took a few steps down the sidewalk which led to the driveway, and was right in front of his car, he clicked the button on the key, the car making a noise in response. 

"I'm happy to see you too, Victoria." Tyler said, referring to the car.

He opened the door and plopped himself in the driver's seat, throwing his backpack in the passenger seat. Tyler closed the door, put his foot on the brake, and started the engine. He breathed in the fresh smell of the pine air freshener as he put the car in reverse and looked over his shoulder. He then began to back out of the driveway, and turned onto the street. The school was only about a five minute drive, but he decided to turn the radio on anyway, the sound of the radio was far better than hearing his mind.

Tyler pulled into the school parking lot, knowing the torment of school was awaiting him. He grabbed his backpack and threw it over his shoulder, got out of the car, and locked her.

"See you later, Victoria." Tyler said to the car.

He shoved his car keys in one of the zip-up pockets of his backpack, and began walking to the steps of the school. Tyler glanced around anxiously as he walked, hoping nobody would notice him. 

Alright Tyler, just make it up the steps now. He thought to himself as he stood at the bottom step.

He stepped up, slowly, one foot at a time. It was only three steps, but to Tyler, it was practically the gateway to hell. He walked through the school door, head hanging low, hoping desperately not to be noticed by anyone, but it seemed that it was too much to hope.

"Hey faggot!" Yelled one of the many kids who harassed Tyler.

Tyler tried to shrug it off, but it never worked, the names only added to his anxiety. Thankfully, there was only one kid in the hallway who called him out. 

Tyler walked through the door to his first class of the day, and sat down at a desk in the back of the classroom. He had a few minutes before class began, so he pulled out his notebook and began writing some things down, poems, thoughts, that sort of thing. His sense of time seemed to disappear when he was writing. After what had seemed like only a few seconds, Tyler could hear his teacher begin to speak.

Fuck. He quickly stuffed his notebook in his backpack and pulled out his science book. He became bored very quickly, all Tyler wanted to do was go home. He knew this was going to be a long day.