Chapter 2- A Murderer's Obsession

I couldn't move. I stood there, in the middle of the gym, surrounded by confused and worried faces. Riko's smile hasn't reappeared ever since she saw Masanori's corpse. Miki was having an all-out panic attack. But I just stood there, frozen in disbelief.

"We all need to be friends here. It is no good to make enemies in the situation we're in."

His words rang through my ears. I already let him down...why him? I could have easily prevented this! Dammit! Why couldn't I just see any signs!

My trance broke when I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. It was Riko, who looked like she was trying to hold back tears. "Tsumiki, are you...ok?"

I've seen dead bodies before and I've never reacted the way I am not. Something about how brutal he was kill just made me question how terrifying our situation is. I looked at her and instantly hugged her, with no second thought in my mind. I don't like human contact at all but something about how she held me seemed very familiar and calmed me down almost instantly. Of course, that moment died when Monokuma appeared on his little podium.

"It's about damn time that a murder happened! Of course, this is where the real fun happens!"

Kazue questioned him. "What do you mean 'the real fun'? I thought you said once someone kills one of their fellow students, they could leave this place."

Monokuma blushed and chuckled. "I did say that, didn't I? Well I left out one tiny detail. Once a body has been discovered, every one of you will be put into a class trial to sniff out the assailant. You all didn't really think I would make it that easy for you to leave, did you?"

There was a sudden silence. Wilhelm finally broke it. "So what happens if we figure out who the murderer is?"

Monokuma smiled, "If you can correctly identify who the killer is, they will be punished, or may I say executed for their crimes."

Execution...

Kei smiled and said, "And what if we convict the wrong person?"

Monokuma's red eye started to glow brightly. "Then all of you will be punished and the assailant will be allowed leave, no catch. They will continue their life in peace."

Miki got up and choked out, "What do you mean; all of us will be punished?"

Monokuma yelled now. "All of you will be brutally executed in the wildest ways!"

Everyone froze up now in fear. This trial will mean life or death to two different parties...Monokuma sighed. "I am not that cruel of a principle so after each discovery, I will announce a period of investigation time. I will give you all plenty of time to gather evidence you will need for the trial. As you all heard, whenever three people find the body, I will announce the Body Discovery Announcement. I have decided to tell you whether the three who find the body are innocent, or if the killer is amongst the three. Miki, Riko, and Tsumiki were the first three to find Masanori's corpse."

The three of us started getting stares from everyone. Riko and I were locked looking at each other and Miki was still in a panic. I started twitching again. I know I didn't do this...

Monokuma laughed. "Those three are all innocent. Which means the killer is among the rest of you! I would love to stay and chat, but I have a trial to set up. Your investigation period starts now!"

He quickly disappeared again but we were all still frozen.

"We just lost the one person who would have been the best at this trial stuff!" Chiyoko screamed.