Chapter 2

Before I fully lost consciousness, I felt you wrapping me in your arms. Muffled shouts were all I heard. I felt your lips onto mines giving me the kiss of life and suddenly I gasped for breath and my eyes were opened and met with your worried eyes. You were saying something to me but I couldn't make out what it was. You noticed I was shivering so you wrapped your jacket around me. I tried speaking but it was only a whisper. You lifted me up and took me to your flat where you let me get changed into some of your clothes.

For some reason I didn't try to leave, I trusted you. I trusted that you would take care of me and make sure that I was okay.

You asked me, "Do you want a cup of tea?" with a worried look on your face. I nod my head and you nodded back making your way to the kitchen. I look around your flat and on one of the walls were photographs of your friends and family all smiling and happy, something that I wasn't. See I wasn't happy...I wanted to die. I knew my family wouldn't care but for some reason, a stranger like you cared.

You came back into the living room with a steaming hot cup of tea and placed it on the table in front of me.

You asked what my name was and before answered I took a sip of tea. "Annie," I croaked. 
"That's a lovely name. Can I ask a question?" you said
I nodded and you proceeded with your question. "Why? Why did you want to end your life?" you asked

I broke down crying and you sat next to me and pulled me into a hug. "Because, I'm worthless, I have no place in this world. I've been depressed for a quite a while and my parents and boyfriend don't believe me. I'm in an abusive relationship and at one point he beat me up so bad and left me for dead. I had a few broken ribs, a broken finger and I was punched in the face so many times I was barely recognisable. To be honest, I was hoping I did die but someone found me and took me to the hospital. When I was able to speak, they asked me how this happened and I lied like always and said that a gang of girls did it. When I was discharged from the hospital, I went back to my boyfriend like a fool. He continued to beat me and I couldn't escape so I thought that killing myself would allow me to escape him and be free."

"W-why can't you escape him?" you asked with worry in your eyes

"Because he said no matter where I went he would always find me," I replied trying not to cry. 

You held my hand and gave it a squeeze. I don't know why I was able to tell you all what had happened. If I told my parents this, they probably wouldn't believe me. Because they think Aiden, my boyfriend is an angel who wouldn't hurt a thing. I guess I trusted you enough because I wouldn't see you again, so I thought. 

Thanks for reading! And sorry that this chapter is longer than the first. Please tell me what you think, your comments do matter!