1

As I walked along the metal fence around the orphanage, I look towards it. The buildings are made with brown brick, and they had moss covering it. People said that the children had, abilities, but I dont believe it. Its just not possible.

~At school~
Again the rumors came about the orphanage. It was like it was their whole life! I didn't really think of the orphanage as a threat. What is so dangerous about children? We live in a school full of them. But then again, weird vibes came from the orphanage. But I've always just assumed that it was nothing. God, I hope its nothing.

As the loud bell rang for the end of the day, the students poured out of the school, running towards the orphanage to disregard the rules of not taking photos of the orphans. But me? I headed my way to my house. It was close to the back of the crooked orphanage. I looked around through the gate of the orphanage. While i was walking home,for the first time, a orphan noticed me, and looked straight in my eyes. The child's eyes were so red. Even if it was just for a second, it creeped me out. I shut my eyes and turned my head. I walked home. But when I got to my home gate, I could feel a presence. I turned around, but no-one was there. I shook my head and walked through my door. I saw my dad, drinking away on his couch, with over 20 beer bottles. I walk up the stairs to my room, and shut the door behind me. Finally, i can have some alone time. I drop on my bed, and suddenly feel exhausted. But i didnt want to sleep. I still felt that presence. That lingering feel that someone was watching me through my closet, hiding under my bed or even staring through my window. Every kid has this feeling at some point. But my mind works in a weird way. I have to take medicatiom because i have heavy illusions. People with me, walking and wrapping their arms around me, squeezing me till my ribs popped. It wasnt fun. Neither was trying to tell my ignorant mother why i couldnt sleep at night. She has neglected me since i was a kid. But i didnt care anymore. She wanted to hate me? Fine.

"Storm, dinners ready!" My mother yells. I wonder if she actually cooked, or just did frozen meals like she does all the damn time. Its annoying, but it's what i know. Ive learned not to complain in this house. Because whats it going to do? Its not going to help anyone by yelling at my neglecting mother. But sometimes i wish I could. I wish I could pack my things and not come back. But I can't leave my dad. Hes an alcoholic, turned into one when his parents died in a plane crash just outside of town. It was awful, seeing my dad turn into a maniac. But once he passes away, I'm leaving. Like hell I'm staying with my mother.