Runner's Cliff

Amber looked up at Sunny as Runner's body was arriving, when Slate and Mistith went down to get him. "Amber!! Amber!!!" A small cheerful voice came running up the hill. "Where is Runner?" Asked Speedy as he looked over his shoulder. "Wha.. what's wrong with him!!" Speedy screamed as he ran up to him. "Runner, come on.. wake up.. we need to go home so we can finish the story." He cried, the tears streamed down his face. "Come on.. please.." Begged the small wolf pup. "Speedy.." sighed Slate. "He died.. he's dead." He looked down at him. "No!! Don't say tha.. that.." He cried as he ran off. "Poor kiddo." Amber sighed. "He's been going through alot.." She looked back as the wolf pup walked up to Amber. "Can you make sure Runner keeps this?" Speedy asked as he placed a small blue topaz rock at her paws. "Mommy gave it to him so she could watch over us." He said, running off, crying. "Lets bury him.." Sunny said as she started to dig. "I'll got talk to the kid." Said Slate as he walked through the brambles.

°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●

The small blue rock layed on top of his grave along with Orange tulips and sunflowers. "He was an amazing brother.." Slate looked down at his paws. "I hated him sometimes... but now that he is gone.. I realize i need him..." He turned away. "Speedy, what should we name this cliff?" Asked Mistith. "Let's name it 'Runner's Cliff..'" The pup said as he had a weaved wolf stuffed with wild cotton laying on Runner's grave. Sunny smiled. "That's an amazing name." She looked up at the horizon. "We must leave, the Sun is setting." Amber looked at the pup. "You want a WolfRide?" She asked. "Yeah!!" He giggled as he climbed on her back. "Don't change anything, little one." She smiled as he fell asleep.

°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●

Amber awoke, the sun was not in sight and it was still dark. "Sunny?" She whispered, But no response. She sat up and saw a bright blue glimmer in the bushes near the cliff. 'Great something new is tracking us again.' She growled as she walked over there. 'Huh? Is that the... rock?' She looked at the bush and indeed, it was the topaz that had been layed on Runner's grave. She picked it up and set it on his grave, walking away. "Hrr Argh!" Hissed a creature. "Ahh!" She dodged the strike, jumping over the bush, but only to followed by it. She turned around and clawed its face.. It was a lynx.. A skinny one. She kicked it as blood flew from it's face. "Get out of our territory!" She barked. "N..now.." She backed away to see a disgusting sight.. The animal was digesting itself... but the eyes where filled with long worms that bled out from where she clawed it's face. "Ah! Slate!! Help!!" She howled as the lynx pinned her down. The sound of paws running on the ground grew louder. "Get off of her!" Slate screeched as he pounced on it, ripping it's neck open. Amber looked as worms wriggled in his mouth. "The worms!! Get it out of you're mouth!!" She screamed, while Slate started to spit out the foul smelling worms that looked like a thick black paste. "Are you ok?" She asked, while Slate looked up at her. "Do you see any holes in my gum?" She looked in his mouth, to find no holes. "You're good." She told him. Amber ran out of her den. "What happened?" She asked, the dead body of a lynx at her feet. "Get away from it!" Screamed Sunny. "It has the Virus!" Amber jumped up and scrambled to a further distance. "We need to figure out what's going on!" She called. "I know." Called a deep voice as a ginger wolf walked out of a bush. "It's named after a old wolf. 1A5, he started the sickness and now it's spread." The wolves looked at eachother.  "How can we trust you?" She growled. He pointed at the body. "I know how to dispose of it, but we need fire." "What do you mean? We can't just get fire from the sky!" She growled. "Ahh, but you can with lighting." He remarked. "And how are supposed to do that? It's brighter than the Sun out here!" Amber looked at him confused. "And the Sun is made of fire, we can try to light the body on fire or we can just plain out dispose of it." He pointed at the cliff. "No way, we are not going to pile up dead animal bodies at the bottom of our cliff!" Slate growled. "But you can." He looked at him in the eyes. "I can give more information, on how to keep safe. I lived in California where it started, and it took awhile to spread this way." He quoted. Amber looked over the cliff. "How will we get it over the edge if the worms are on the outside?" "They're parasites... and watch me." He walked over and got a few elephant leaves. He wrapped them around the tail. "Can someone get me some vines." He asked, while the wolves looked at eachother. "We can't climb and well, there at the top of a tree.." Slate looked at him. "Hold this with you're jaw." He instructed, while Slate started to bite down on the leaves. "Alright good, now what tree?" He asked. Sunny pointed at the tree her and Amber live in. "Thanks." He called at the ran at top speed. He jumped up it and clawed up like a bear squirrel. He walked down with a big vine. "Ok stay there Slate." The ginger wolf said as he tied a knot in the vine with his teeth and paws. "You see, the leaves block the parasites from getting it and the vine keep it in place. Know, drag it to the cliff." He instructed. Slate walked over to the ledge, having a hard time getting through the brambles. "Go on." Said the ginger wolf. He watched the lynx fall and hit the ground like a flattened pancake.