Home Sweet Home

I forgot about the posters I had on my ceiling. It was LJ's pictures. LJ finally walked in my room and looked around. Then he saw the ceiling. 'Dam it, I should've took it down right away' I thought and I mentally slapped myself.

"Your right.. My room doesn't look like yours" he spoke.

"I told you.."

"Wow! you really love rodeo don't you"

"Yep... Mainly team and calf roping"

"Hmm? and what about bullriding"

"I don't know... Kinda rough sport"

"Yeah it is... It's way better than roping a steer in less than five seconds"

"Excuse you?" I said and gave him a questionable look.

"Oops.. I push somebody's buttons"

"very funny.."

"I'm kidding Jay Bear"

"Yeah..yeah! let's go meet my parents. My mom is making her famous stew!"

"Is there chili"

"Really? your asking if there's chili?"

"Yes I am"

"No there isn't"

"Good"

"So picky"

"Hey you better pull em reins back"

"Haha.. Come on"

We walked down the hall and into the kitchen. I saw my mom making bread and checking her stew. It smelt good and I just wanted to eat the whole thing right there.

"Hey mom.. You need help"

"Yeah.. You can set the table"

I walked over to the cabinets and grabbed out some bowls. Then went to the drawer for spoons. I saw LJ standing there with his hands in his pockets. He was about to speak when my dad called for him.

"Hey LJ" my dad yelled.

LJ walked into the living room.

*LJ's POV*

I was about to talk to Jade when her dad called me. For a split second my heart skipped a beat. As I walked into the living room, my heart began to race. I walked in and I saw Austin, Cody, and Tyler sitting there.

"Yeah?"

"Come sit down"

"Thanks"

"What's your background"

"Oh.. Well I'm twenty six years old.. From Missouri but then moved to New Mexico at the beginning of my high school years. When I'm not riding, I raise bucking bulls or haul em to local bullridings"

"This may seem a bit nosey, but how did you and Jade meet"

"I went to the campus to post flyers. I was in need for a ranch hand. She called and then I set her up for a short interview I guess. And from there we got to know each other more."

"Awh! so you fell in love with your worker"

"Uh..I..uh"

"Haha.. I'm kidding LJ."

"Oh.. Haha.."

"Have you been taking care of daughter"

"Yes sir.."

"I assume Jade told you about her relationship"

"Yes sir she did"

"And"

"I would never lay a hand on her... If my parents found out I laid a hand on a girl, I'd get my butt handed to me. Regardless of my age"

"Good.. Well just take care of my daughter"

"Yes sir I will"

"LJ"

"Yeah.."

"Don't call me 'sir'.. It makes feel older"

"Haha.. Ok Austin"

"Boys! dinner" Jade yelled.

I let her dad get up first. I was gettin up when I saw Cody and Tyler look me. They just smiled at me, like I bullshit my way through, which I didn't by the way. I was the last one to walk in the kitchen. Of course, I was a bit shy when I meet in-laws. I sat next to Jade. She was right about her mom's cooking. It was completely out of this world. Probably the best stew I've ate in my entire life.

Throughout dinner, her parents told me so much about her. I was shocked at how much this girl has done. She was basically a awesome person and still is. Down to earth and living life. Helps her parents out with anything and is always there for them. She sure is a keeper.

After everyone finished eating, Jade and I washed the dishes. I felt awkward not doing anything, I helped. I like her parents ,honestly.

"Babe.. Can you put these in that cabinet right there" she said and handed me plates.

"Yeah"

We were finally done washing dishes. Now she had to go feed the horses and everybody else. I went with her outside. It was dark and cold, but I couldn't wait to see what her place looks like tomorrow.

"What were you and my dad talking about"

"You know.. The boyfriend and father talk"

"He didnt mention my past relationship did he"

"Kind of. He just said 'I assume Jade told you about her past relationship' "

"Yeah.. Sounds like him.. How did you feel about talking to my dad"

"Nervous.."

"Haha.. Stay calm hun"

"You know this hay barn looks comfy"

"LJ don't you da.."

I swooped her off her feet. I spun her around and we fell in a pile of powdered hay. We laughed and talked more but darn it, it got even more colder.

"Come on.. We need some sleep" she insisted.

We walked hand in hand to the house. I was tired myself. Everyone went to sleep but us. Cody and Tyler were sleeping in the living room. We made it to her room.

I took off my shirt and jeans. I went under the covers and only wearing short cuts. She walked out of the restroom wearing a tank top and shorts.

She crawled into bed and I wrapped her in my arms. We cuddled and talked till we fell asleep.