Our Belief

People Say It's All In The Mind.I Didn't Agree With This Until I Came Upon This That Happened To Me Somedays Ago

(Plz read the story in caption : Plz feel free to comment and suggest as it is my first attempt in writing a short story)

My Granny Being Very Health Conscious, Paid A Regular Visit To Dr.Gautam's Clinic.She Had a lot of faith in him and his way of treatment.Such was her trust in him that she would prefer to suffer rather than being treated by someone else.
Once She was smote by severe cold and subsequent fever.Unfortunately,Dr.Gautam was busy attending a seminar in the neighbouring city.In his absence I called for an another Doctor.After having diagnosed Her, He gave her an injection and the required medicines.According to him she would be fine after taking a couple of dosages.After the doctor had gone I came back to my granny.
She told me that it's only Dr.Gautam's medicine that can treat her, rest all attempts are futile.I found the claim so foolish and baseless then.
The next morning when I asked my granny about her health,a dull and hopeless reply came to me blaming me for not listening to her.
At this,I was compelled to call up Dr.Gautam and relate the entire thing to him.Upon having listened to the entire incident,he started laughing and asked me to bring her to him the next day.The entire day neither did she eat anything nor did she take any of the prescribed medicines.The next day the moment I told her we were going to Dr.Gautam's clinic then,I could sense a release of an air of hostility.
Dr.Gautam was equally elated like my granny upon his loyal patient's visit.After having spent an hour or so talking to her (during which he also calmed her down) he gave her a couple of seeming tablets like lozenges to chew on right away.He told her that he understood her situation the moment she stepped into his clinic.This statement itself had a calming effect on my granny that further re-instilled her faith in him.Back home,she had her usual meals.After having rested for two good hours,I could see my Usual Granny back at her evening chores which did make me believe that Dr.Gautam was indeed a magician.I couldn't resist myself from calling him.
It seemed that even he was expecting my call.The answer to my How did....? Was a simple psychological funda.
It's all here in the brain.
I did not give her any medicine for treating cold and fever instead some mint lozenges to chew on.
The problem was more in the Mind than in the Body.
She is absolutely fine because of the injection that was administered to her that day.
I just re-affirmed her faith.

See the power of brain.
Whatever your mind can conceive and believe in, it can indeed achieve it irrespective of your bodily limitations.

Hats off to the Almighty !