chapter 1

ENJOY :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

YOUR POV

FLASHBACK

I was singing with my friends at lunch. My 5 friends. Kirstie, Kevin, Scott, and Avi. Mitch, well, I don't consider a friend. Which, to me, that sucks. He doesn't like me whatsoever. But ...I like him. I have a crush on someone who hates me and who's gay. So there's no point in trying to get on his good side. So it really hurts that he doesn't like me. But what am I gonna do. Oh well.

I keep messing up on parts and I'm the only one messing up. I hate it. I don't understand why they want me singing with them. I can't do anything right. I really want to leave the group. Don't get me wrong. I love these people. But, I don't belong. They are so perfect. And I'm me. I mess up every time we sing.

While we were rehearsing, I could tell Mitch was getting really annoyed. I messed up a lot. The others kept telling me it was okay. But it's not okay. I mess up way too much. They have so much talent and I feel like I'm holding them back. Then, I said the wrong thing and Mitch freaked out on me.

"Y/N! Just stop! You mess up too much! You don't belong with us!" It was so sudden.

I stood there as did everyone else. Mitch breathed heavily and realized what he said. I smiled and giggled a little. They looked confused. 

"Thank you so much." 

"What?" Kevin looked at me.

"Someone finally said it."

"Y/n. What are you talking about?" Avi sounded confused.

"Look, guys. I love you but, I feel like I just can't do anything. Like Mitch said, I mess up to much. And honestly, I don't think I belong." I smiled awkwardly.

"No. You are perfectly fine." Kirstie was genuine. 

"I'm sorry. I'm leaving." And with that, I left.

I walked outside and sat down. 

MITCH'S POV

Why did I say that!? I didn't mean to. It just happened. The others looked and me. I knew what they wanted me to do. I sighed and walked out to find y/n. I really messed up. The thing is, I don't hate her because she sucks, but it's the fact that she's good. I know that sounds weird but she's really good, but isn't confident. And that can get annoying. But, I kind of like her too. I don't know. I mean I'm gay. Maybe I don't like her. Gay guys always say girls are pretty. Okay. I'm good. Now to talk to her.

I found her sitting outside looking at nothing in particular. I sighed and walked to where she was and sat down. 

"H-hey." I am so embarrassed and nervous.

"Hey." She gave a half smiled.

"Look. I am really sorry. I don't know why I said that stuff. It just sort of happened." 

"It's fine."

"No. It's not."

"Yes, Mitch. It is. Because I agree. I'm leaving the group. I mean, it shouldn't be a problem for you. You never liked me anyway. You should be happy I am." She smiled and looked at me.

"But-" Was all I could get out.

"Look. I know the others sent you out here to apologize. But you don't have to. I get it. You aren't the type to apologize." She looked off at nothing again.

"I am seriously sorry. No body wants you to leave and I made a mistake." It was the truth.

"I'm not singing with you guys. And I don't think hanging out with you would make things any better." 

"Why?" I am on the verge of tears. I don't know why.

"Because. You guys are so talented and I'm, just me." She looked down.

"You are talented too." I need her to know that.

"Look. I have a back up group of friends. I can hang out with them."

"You have back up friends?" I was a little hurt.

"Yeah. I met them about a year ago. They said I can hang with them anytime. And you guys are a year older. I would would be alone for a year if I don't have other friends in my grade." She smiled.

"We need you." My voice almost breaking.

"No you don't. I mean, you guys are....pentatonic. I doubt I used that word correctly but you only need 5 people." She got up.

"Good bye, Mitch." She smiled and gave me a small hug. I hugged back.

"Tell the others good bye for me."

"You will keep in touch with the others though right?" I was desperate for an answer.

"We'll see." And with that, she left. 

She seemed really happy. But I think she was breaking inside. 

I went back and told the others what happened. 

"That would be a cool name." Avi smiled.

"What?" I think I know.

"Pentatonic. That could be our group name. Maybe change it to Pentatonix." 

"Avi's right. Plus, it can be something that keeps y/n in this group somehow." Scott smiled as he said it.

"Okay. Pentatonix it is." I smiled slightly.

YOUR POV

Kirstie texted saying they were calling the group Pentatonix since Mitch said I told him they were pentatonic. I smiled. She then texted saying that they all want me back with them. 

Y: you guys are going to have a future. I'll jut hold you back. i promise this will be good for all of us. and don't blame Mitch. I've wanted this for a while now.

K: okay. if this is what you want. we all respect your decision.

END OF FLASHBACK

And with that, I never talked to them again. I knew that was the best decision. There is not a day that don't miss them. I do.....a lot. But they're famous now. I have a YouTube channel with 15 million subscribers and they have been with celebrities and shows. They've won things. None of this would have ever happened if I stayed. They are amazing singers and I am so proud of them. And I still love them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay. I love Pentatonix and Mitch is so cute and adorable. I have tried looking for 

Mitch Grassi x readers but there aren't a whole lot surprisingly. So......I'm writing my own.

932 or 933 words! 

That is the most I've written i think! 

My other chapters are going to be shorter than this. But still long enough so it isn't too short.

btw. you are 23 now and Mitch is 24.

BYE! I love you guys so much. Thankforreading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D