new girl

Hey guys! It's me, duh! But anywho, this is my new story, and I would really like some comments about characters, storylines and just info, in general, help me get better please, and enjoy!

I wake up, my neck sore, and my bones aching from sitting in a car for five and a half hours. I stretch as far as possible in the small car, in the process, I wake up my younger sister, Miyoko. She groans at me before turning away and falling back asleep. I sigh. I've always been jealous of my sibling's ability to sleep anywhere, any time. I turn to look out the window and find the desert. The exact thing we've been driving through for hours. I lean forward into the front of the car.

" How much longer till we get there?" I ask. Aspen, my new stepmother, turns around to look at me.

"We should be there in ten or so." I nod in affirmation and start pulling my shoes on and stuff together.

Pretty soon we pull into a nice house in the suburbs. It had a quaint front lawn and had two girls and a dog playing out front. We stop the car and the girls' barrel to us. I tentatively open the car door and I'm immediately smothered with hugs. When everyone has been thoroughly hugged (even Miyoko who had just woken up.) they backed off so that we could get our stuff. The two girls in question, are Aspen's daughters. The eldest, Alexa, has her mother's hazel eyes, and curvy figure but differed with fair hair and skin. Meg, the younger, has Aspens dark hair, and olive skin and their fathers dark eyes. They are 17 and 13 respectively. We all head into the house.

"Why don't you all go choose your rooms and start setting in?" My father suggests. We all nod and head up the stairs. I take a glance at him over my shoulder. My father had this shiny, black hair, and warm chocolate eyes. Both of my siblings took after him in those, while I had my mother's looks.

"Mihoko are you coming?" Meg yells down at me. I laugh at her impatience and bolt up the stairs to where all my siblings are standing. Alexa leads us down the hall as meg starts talking.

"I can't believe that this is the first time that we've met! We've face-timed so much that I feel like we've been living together for months!" She stops her tirade once our party reaches the empty rooms. I pick the first on the right and head in to put all my stuff away. I sit down as I listen to their chatter quiet down and then die completely. I'm still in shock about everything. My father and Aspen had known each other in college but he moved to Japan when he met my mother, and they had lost contact. About a year ago they had run into each other when she was on a business trip to Tokyo, and from there, things had moved really fast. There had been two weddings, one western style, over here with Aspens Family, and one Eastern Styler back home with our family. On that note, I need to call my Grandmother. I pull out my phone and call her.

"Mihoko, my child, how are you? Was the plane ride ok? Is your house nice? Are you ready to move back yet?" I waited for the flow of questions to stop. When Grandmother stopped for a breath I burst in.

"Grandmother, I am doing good. The plane ride was fine. The house is very nice. I miss home, but I can not move home yet."

"But why not? I am still your guardian you know, I only let you move with that man was as a favor to your dear mother. The moment that I hear that you are not continuing all of your studies properly, I will fly over and fetch you myself."

"You are getting too old to fly over here, the doctor said no exessive stress and movement."

"Oh my Lilly child, you know my needs better than anyone else." She sighed "I suppose I can give this a chance, but Its as you say, I am getting old and you know the importance of staying with your studies. I love you, dear." And with that, Grandma hung up. I heard someone calling for dinner, so I headed downstairs, into a new life.

Hi I hope you liked it!

~<3 MYT