waldosia

I'm back with another chapter! It's not amazing but yeah... Enjoy!

_____________________________________________________

Baekhyun hated seeing Yixing hurt.

He felt a sense of helplessness when he saw his hyung in pain and couldn't do anything to aid him.

Occasionally, Yixing's waist and back injury would act up and no matter how hard the older man tried to hide it, the pain would still be visible on his face.

Tonight was one of those nights.

Throughout EXO's whole performance, Baekhyun kept a worried eye on Yixing. The dancer was wincing and pushing through but Baekhyun knew he was in unimaginable agony.

Baekhyun didn't get a chance to talk to him alone backstage. He didn't even get to see him. They were driven home in separate vans.

The moment they reached their dorms, the first thing Baekhyun did was go on a hunt to find his hyung. He was obviously more hurt than he let on. He never let anyone help him. What if something had happened?

Kyungsoo noticed his distress. He stopped Baekhyun with a hand on his arm, "He's okay."

Baekhyun looked at him blank expression

"Yixing hyung—he's okay. I promise. He's not going anywhere. He'll be waiting for you by the time you're done taking a shower."

Baekhyun sighed. Relief washed over him. He was still worried but not as much as he had been moments earlier. He looked gratefully at the younger man.

"Thank y—"

Kyungsoo shook his head, "Don't thank me. Now go take that shower. You stink. Quick. Before someone else takes over the bathroom."

After shooting Kyungsoo one last grateful smile, Baekhyun went to take his shower.

-

By the time he came out, the dorms were quiet. Baekhyun supposed that most everyone had gone to their respective shared bedrooms to get in a couple hours of relaxing before the next day of work.

He came out of the bathroom, drying his hair. After grabbing a sweater to protect from the slight chill, he padded down the hallway.

Jongdae was sitting in the living room by himself. Feet up on the couch with a cup of tea in hand.

"He's in the kitchen."

Baekhyun looked at him, slightly confused, "What?"

"Yixing hyung—he's in the kitchen."

"How did y—"

"You're obviously looking for him. Who else would you be out here for?" Jongdae replied with a knowing, suggestive grin on his face.

Baekhyun just stared at him. It was too late at night for this.

"Okay... Thanks."

Jongdae took another sip from his mug, "Anytime. Now go. Yixing hyung's probably waiting for you." He winked at Baekhyun.

Shaking his head, Baekhyun made his way into the kitchen.

Minseok was at the stove making tea. That explained the tea Jongdae had been drinking.

Yixing was sitting at the table, drinking from a hot cup of tea himself. He looked up at Baekhyun with weary eyes. He seemed... tired. But he still smiled at the younger boy.