After Hours

Warning: Explicit content ahead.

Y/n POV:

9: 42 p.m.

After kicking my pumps off my feet and placing my car keys back on the hanger closest to the door, I dragged myself upstairs to the bedroom.

The first week of work at my new job was finally over, thank God, but I came home with more than my fair share of paperwork and a hell of a headache, which was expected. However, I didn't expect to find Jadir sprawled across our king-size bed, obviously exhausted, and still in the suit he was sporting earlier.

We both decided to move to Atlanta in search of better job opportunities and a fresh start, and his new position in business administration was made effective today. There were rarely any nights when he'd return from work this tired. Once I placed my purse and portfolio down on the desk next to the entrance, I crept onto the bed to straddle his lower back.

I began moving my hands upward from the sides of his ribs towards his neck when I felt him wince under my touch. "Mm. Careful," he hissed in pain. "I'm sorry," I apologized.

"How was work today, J? What happened?" I asked him, beginning to massage his back.

"We spent the whole day unpacking boxes, moving furniture and office equipment. Unfortunately, before we could do all that, we discovered that half the space's electricity was out due to faulty wiring; Money for an electrician who can fix everything would cost $1,000 at the least. One of my staff members got hurt, so he had to leave and I had to do double duty. It's all coming together, though. The half we finished looks great, and I'm happy with it. How was yours?"

"Eh, it could've been worse," I responded honestly, working at Jadir's shoulders. "My co-workers seem like good people. I haven't quite gotten the chance to really meet my boss yet, so that's a mystery, I suppose. I sat around, typed, and read the New Workers' Manual all day. I got a good workload to complete by Tuesday, but I can't complain."

"When are you gonna start designing? Have they told you yet?"

"No, I'm afraid not. It shouldn't be long, though. Patience, patience."

"It's good that at least one of us is an optimist," he chuckled lightly. "Hold on, move up, go up," he directed as I pressed the heels of my hands into his tight muscles, "Nope, back down. Ohh, that's it," he moaned, finally relaxing. "Why didn't I propose to you sooner? My God."

I laughed. "Well, it's good to see that you've come to yo' senses. Betta' recognize."

"Believe me, I do. I do. I was serious 'bout the designing thing. I really think you have a gift, and it could take you places."

"Even then, it's still gonna take a while for those things to happen. I hate waiting on it, too, but it's gettin' there."

There was a comfortable silence between us for a minute or two until Jadir spoke up.

"I love you, Y/n. Like, I really fuckin' love you." He moved around to that he was looking up at me, his hands caressing my thighs underneath my mid-length black dress. A grin played across my face as I stared into his deep brown orbs.

"I love you, too," I whispered, leaning down into the crook of his neck. I guess I caught him off guard by planting the tiniest kiss below his jaw because, as soon as I did, his muscles tensed and he let out a husky groan.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Baby, um, I'ma have to stop you before this... Gets out of hand," he protested.

I continued to unbutton his dress shirt, humming and not paying him any mind. I mean, shit, I knew what my I intensions were. We haven't done this in so long because we've both been so hooked up on landing these jobs. Now that that's out of the way and it's a long weekend, we have nothing but time, so why not?

I pressed my lips against his ear, latching them around his pierced earlobe. Once I successfully undid and opened his shirt, I began to trail kisses from where I was down around his collarbone, not once touching his lips, then to his moderately tatted chest, letting my freshly-manicured nails draw invisible lines across his incredibly-distinct, washboard abs.

"Look, I ain't playin' wit' you, Y/n. I'on know how much more of this I can-- Ohh, fuck." His eyes screwed shut quickly when I groped at his package through his pants, which were probably growing uncomfortably tight by now. "Baby," he hissed.

Hm. I guess it's true what they say: "He'll give you whatever you want when you're on top."

"Does it still look like I'm playing, Mr. Parrish?" I questioned, standing up and removing my dress, revealing my red lace bra and panties that were hiding under it. He sat up, eyeing my body with lust.

To be continued...