Chapter Two

I screamed and sat up. I was panting. I must have had a nightmare. It felt so real. Some guy kidnapped me and the vigilante had to save me. He came but he was too late. I looked over at my clock. Oh god! I immediately jumped out of bed and ran to my closet. I grabbed a white blouse and a tight black skirt. I threw them on my bed and ran to the bathroom. I took off my pyjamas and glasses. I think I may have broken the record for the quickest shower ever, if there was one. I got out and brushed my teeth, again, probably another record-breaking time. I ran back to my bedroom and opened my underwear drawer, grabbing whatever underwear was on top and throwing it on my bed. I put on my outfit and rushed back to the bathroom, grabbing my glasses on the way. I brushed my hair viciously. I may have given myself brain damage for all I know. I quickly tied it up in my usual ponytail. I checked in the mirror to make sure I looked okay. A little messier than usual, but passable. I put on a pair of black flats. I grabbed my tablet and hand bag. I looked down at my wrist, thinking there was a watch there. There wasn't. I ran down to the car park of my apartment building, it was like I was competing in the Olympics or something. I jumped in my car and sped out of my parking spot.

About fifteen minutes later I was sprinting out of the Queen Consolidated car park. The elevator doors were closing. "Wait! Hold the elevator!" I yelled to the people inside. But, business people being business people, they ignored me. I pressed the up button and waited. I swear if that elevator didn't get there soon I would personally track down those people and beat them with their own staplers. "Hey." I jumped and turned around. Oliver was standing there with a grin on his face. "Oh, it's you. You scared me." He chuckled. "So, did you manage to find what was on that flash drive?" He asked. I smiled. "Yeah, I'll show you when we get up there." The elevator dinged. "Perfect timing." He said.

"So, when's your lunch break today?" Oliver asked. I stared at him. "Why do you want to know...?" I asked. He shrugged his shoulders. "I want to get to know you. Do I need a reason?" I shook my head. "Sorry, it's at one o'clock." He smiled. "It's a date." I felt my cheeks heat up. The elevator dinged again. "Let's go have a look at this flash drive." I said, heading to the IT department.

I plugged the flash drive into my computer and pulled up the information. "I haven't looked at it yet, I didn't want to invade without you there." I turned my head to face him. He was looking at me. "Thanks." I smiled and looked back at my computer. I opened all the documents and quickly scrolled through them. I stopped when I saw the word 'earthquake'. "Um, take a look at this." I said, moving over a little bit. As he was reading the document he clenched his jaw. I started to read it too. Oh my god. "How do you make an earthquake?" I asked. "I don't know." Oliver replied. "Could you email those documents to me?" I nodded. He smiled and wrote his email address on a sticky note. "I'll see you at lunch." He said before walking out the door. I immediately emailed him the information. I leaned back in my chair and relaxed for a second. My thoughts immediately went to the vigilante. Does he know about the earthquake? I still don't understand how you can make an earthquake. I mean, that's natures job, not Moira Queen's or Malcolm Merlyn's. It seems completely impossible. Maybe it's not, how would I know. "Hello?" The man in front of me said, waving his hand around. I sat forward. "Hi. Sorry I just zoned out." He nodded slowly and handed me his laptop.

"So, why did you start working with computers?" Oliver asked, taking a bite out of his burger. "I was fiddling with a computer when I was little and I wanted to know how it all worked. So I made it a hobby. Eventually I got really good with them and, here I am." He nodded. "That's an extremely inspirational story, I don't think my life will ever be the same after that." He said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes. "How different is everything to you now?" He tilted his head to the side, looking confused. "Like, you know, after the island. I know it personal but I'm curious." He stared at me. "The only good thing about on the island was-" He stopped himself and leaned in close to me. His lips touching my ear. I felt a smile tugging at my lips. "Missing this Twilight Saga everyone has told me about." He whispered. I laughed. "Makes sense, those movies are terrible." He smirked. "But seriously, everyone has changed. My mom married Walter, who is now the CEO of QC. My sister is turning into me, which is really bad, sort of. My best friend and ex-girlfriend are sleeping together. Nothing feels the same." He looked sad-ish. "Hey, it's okay. They all still care about you. If I knew you personally before the island I would have freaked if you came back. In a good way. But I didn't, and I'm happy I got the chance to talk to you." He smiled slightly at that. "Thanks." I smiled too.

The media always made him look like a drunk player that didn't take anything seriously. I don't think that anymore. My phone beeped in my pocket, telling me that my lunch break was over. "I have to go, thanks for lunch Oliver." I stood up at the same time he did. He pulled me into a hug. Oh god I was feeling his muscles again. Great going Felicity, the way this is going you'll accidentally do it on a daily basis. He pulled away. "Bye Oliver." I walked towards the door. "See you later." He called out to me. I smiled. I pressed the up button on the elevator and waited. Someone stood beside me. I looked and saw it was the guy that came and saw me that morning. The elevator dinged and I got in. The guy got in too. We rode up to my floor in silence. When the door opened again I rushed out and headed to my office. I definitely overreacted but you can't be too careful. I sat in my chair and got back to work, trying not to think about that guy.

I looked at the time on my computer. It was seven o'clock. I stayed at work an hour too long! I quickly threw my stuff into my bag, including a stapler. Maybe I could use it to smack to people from the elevator. Seems like I good idea to me. I walked to the elevator and pressed the down button. I could get my coffee from one of the eight Starbucks' around my apartment building. No one else was in the elevator with me, so I started singing the song that was playing in there. It was like I was having my own private elevator party. I heard the familiar ding and my party was over. I starting walking over to my car. I spotted movement from the corner of my eye. Someone else was in the car park. I turned to look. It was the guy from the elevator. "Keep walking, you're almost there." I muttered to myself. I finally made it to my car and opened the door when a hand clamped over my mouth. "Don't struggle, I hate it when they struggle." He whispered in my ear. A tear slipped down my cheek when I realised what he was planning on doing to me. "Come on." He grunted.

He practically dragged me out of the car park. I tried screaming for help, but anything that came out was muffled by his hand. I was screwed. He forced me against a wall and pinned me there with his arm. "If you say a word to anyone about this you are dead." He threatened. I swallowed. He started throwing punches. He was trying to make it impossible for me to fight back. I slid down the wall, feeling really weak. I looked and saw him. He nocked an arrow and let it fly. It hit the man in the back and come through his chest. He dropped to the ground.

The vigilante dropped to the ground and immediately checked on me. "Are you okay?" I shook my head. "He was gonna rape me." I said through tears. I wrapped my arms around his neck for a hug. He slowly wrapped his around my midsection to return the embrace. "It's okay, you're safe now." I pulled away. "Thank you." I said softly. He nodded his head slightly before leaving. Who was this guy?

>>>------------------------------------>
I'm so sorry for the wait! Hope you enjoyed! It shouldn't take this long next time.