III.

I woke up the morning after Matty and Sam's fight pretty early.

"I'm horny," Matty had mumbled in my ear, morning wood pressed into the back of my thigh.

This happened often.

"That's surprising," I said back sarcastically, rubbing my ass against him while we spooned, chuckling as he groaned in response.

"Kirsten, please," he whined, grinding slowly with only the fabric of his boxers and my thong in-between us. His morning breath hot against my ear as he whispered, "I dreamed about you all night last night."

A turned around in bed to face him, putting two hands in his curls, a mess as always, but even more so as they were displaced on the pillow behind him. "Such a needy baby," I teased, "Are you going to beg?"

He nodded slowly before leaning over to kiss me, taking my bottom lip in his teeth. He had morning breath, but there were worse things in the world. Kissing him, I rolled him onto his back, straddling over him before gently kissing down his chin.

"Why don't you tell me what I was doing in your dream last night," I cooed, smiling as I saw the way Matty's face lit up.

"Well, you were.. stroking me," he began, looking up at me impatiently.

"Like this?" I played innocent, one hand rubbing his shoulder and down his bicep.

"No, lower," he instructed, so I moved my hand to his chest, rubbing up and down the center of his ribcage.

"Here?" I asked, and he shook his head.

"Maybe you should guide me," I whispered, pressing my lips to his neck again as he rested his hand on top of mine, pushing it on top of his boxers.

"Oh, I see," I said, and we both laughed.

We weren't always rough, it wasn't always as hard and as fast as possible. Sometimes, when we were just hardly awake and the room glowed orange as the sunrise refracted through the windows, we took things slow, gentle, romantic.

This morning in particular, we tried to stay quiet. We didn't want to wake up Sam, especially not after last night. I was biting into his shoulder, hard enough to where I wasn't sure if Matty's "shit" and "fuck"'s were out of pleasure or pain, or a mixture of both.

We fell sweaty beside each other in bed, bodies hardly touching except for our hands, clasped tightly together and fingers interwoven as we stared at the ceiling. There were glow-in-the-dark stars, the rainbow kind, with pinks and blues in addition to the traditional green, set in various positions, from actual constellations to other things. My favorites were the ones in the shape of "M+K", for, of course, Matty and Kirsten.

---

Matty was finally off in between tours for the first time since I had met him, so I was going to stay in London. I had bought a hotel room, but I had a suspicion that I wouldn't be there much. Matty had dropped hints that he wanted to take me on a real official date.

The plane trip over was grueling. Air travel was already stressful for me, but I was so nervous about seeing Matty in person again. All this time playing the "what are we" game and I was finally going to get an answer. But what if I didn't like the answer I got? I was pretty sure at this point that I'd fallen completely head over heels for Matty in a way that made me feel like a complete kid again but what if it wasn't the same for him? I knew what sort of reputation he had, and maybe he only wanted me as a fuck buddy.

George had come to pick me up from the airport. Matty hated airports, and I assured him I would be more than fine spending a little time with George.

As soon as I saw George outside of customs, I ran over to him and he wrapped me in a hug. Seeing George was so relaxing, and I knew that the sensible goofball would make me feel so much more calm about what was going on with Matty and I right now.

"You've got a date tonight, huh?" George asked, driving me to my hotel so I could set up there, where Matty'd be meeting me in a few hours.

"Yeah. I guess so," I said, my hands fidgeting with the bottom seam of my shirt.

"Why are you so nervous," he asked, his soft, deep voice teasing me.

"I don't know. I really like Matty. I want it to go well," I admitted. I knew most likely anything I told George was likely to get back to Matty, too, but opening up to him meant that anything Matty told him might get told back to me. "I just wish I knew how he felt about me."

"You don't know how he feels about you?" he laughed, shaking his head, "You know Matty's been fucking crazy for your since before you even knew he existed."

I blushed, looking down at my hands. I found it hard to believe that Matty, who in my eyes could have any girl he wanted, wanted me.

"It's not my place to say. But I don't think you have to worry about him not liking you," he told me, putting one hand on my shoulder.

Needless to say, George was right. Matty took me to what he said was his favorite restaurant and a bar (or two), and after getting an uber to take our wasted asses home, I ended up in his flat. We didn't have sex, we were too drunk and Matty didn't even have the coordination required to take off his clothes, but we laid together in his bed, staring up at the ceiling.

"It's so plain," he said with a frown, and I laughed, not a cute, flirty laugh but a very ugly, very loud laugh.

"It's a ceiling, what are you supposed to decorate it with?" I asked him.

"Glow in the dark stars?" he suggested, and I laughed again. Matty giggled, attempting to defend himself, but unable to get a sentence out without the two of us busting into fits of uncontrollable laughter.

The next afternoon we spent hours searching stores in hopes of finding glow in the dark stars, when Matty eventually had to order them off the internet and have them delivered.

As soon as they arrived, we tore into the package. I was looking up real constellations on google and planning where each one would go but Matty was putting stars up however he wanted, one cluster in the shape of a heart, one in the shape of a rectangle, naturally. I looked back and forth from the picture on my phone to the ceiling, when Matty hit my shoulder, pointing to spot he had just finished working on.

"Look," he insisted, and I turned my head that way. My heart melted when I saw the "M+K" he had written with the stickers.

So I knew what we were, then. We were a couple, for sure. I'd never had a relationship confirmed by glow in the dark stickers before, but I don't think anyone will ever top it, and hopefully, no one will ever have the chance to try.

---

"I don't want to move," Matty said quietly. I know he was looking at the stars too. I closed the gap between us, curling up against his side and putting a soft kiss on his shoulder.

"You don't have to," I reminded him, and he shook his head immediately.

"You're crazy if you think I'm not going with you," he scoffed, "I'm not sleeping in this bed alone."

Instead of arguing it with him, I just sighed. There were a lot of memories in this place. "We can take the stars with us," I told him, and he only laughed.

We lay in silence for a few moments before Matty spoke up again: "We're sure as hell taking those stars with us." 

A/N: 

Hi everyone! This is my first author's not for this story.. Not sure why, but it is! 

I'm Valarie or Katherine or whatever nickname you want to give me! If you like this story, please give me a vote or a comment, it would make my day!

You can also read this story and other one shots on my tumblr, and the link is in my bio!

Thanks so much for reading!

-Valarie xxx