#1 Jack~Day 1

You fiddle with the edge of your sleeve as you approach the line of boys, waiting to get their papers for the day. Once you approach Mr. Wiesel you give him a small smile and place twenty-five cents in front of him. You were the last person in line, so no one notices you as you grab your papers and head into town. You keep your head down as you make your way through the crowd of boys.

"Hey," you hear a voice call after you, causing you to turn around. "You're new, ain't ya?"

You nod your head, slightly intimidated by the boys who have been doing this for much longer than you.

"Well then, let me help ya."

You hold the papers close to your chest. "I'm-I'm fine."

He chuckles. "If you was fine, you wouldn't be here." You blush slightly as he continues. "Let me help you for the day. We split the profits. Deal?"

You nod slowly. "Deal."

He smiles and takes the papers, leading you to his usual selling spot. "Name's Jack Kelly. Yours?"

"(Y/N) (L/N)."

He mutters something before going into the street and calling out the headline, selling the paper he was holding rather quickly. He walks over to you and grabs your hands, pulling you out to the street with him. "If you's gonna sell papes, you gots to make sure people wants them," he explains before shouting outrageous headlines. "Now's your turn."

You grab a paper, waving it high above your head, before shouting something just as unbelievable as what Jack said. A balding man comes up to you in a hurry and tosses you the money before grabbing the paper and continuing his journey.

You smile widely and turn to Jack, who is grinning at your enthusiasm. "Congrats. You just sold your first pape."

~~~

You can't believe that you manage to sell all your papers. You smile as you turn to leave Jack. "Thanks. For everything."

He smiles at you. "Y'know, I was thinkin', since this is your first day, we could get dinner."

You walk back over to him and grab his hand. "I'd love to."

(A/N:I hope this was good. Have a good day)