I Can't Let Him Know!

"Mmm... That was the best soul I had in a while," I said, licking my fingers.

I stood up and shook my head, shaking out my hair before running my hands through it. I then kneeled back down and poked the body. "At least you were already dead. It seems that somebody is slacking," I said to the dead man. "I bet those stupid Grim Reapers have to do overtime. Don't you think?" I laughed and stood up, wiping my mouth. "I must say, that was absolutely delicious." I looked up to the sky. "That should satisfy me for a while."

I walked out of the alley way and down the main road, easily blending with the crowd. 'It's a good thing I'm not a messy eater. If I was, I would've been caught ages ago. Then that demon hunter would've killed me.'(1) I sighed. 'Even if I just mess with the Reapers' job and eat the souls of already dead people.' I stepped in front of an alley way. 'I think I'll take the short cut home.'

I stepped into the alley way, sniffing intently. I smirked. 'This is going to be fun.'

??? p.o.v

~flashback~

"So you want me to take down this demon that lurks in alleyways off of popular streets?" I questioned, twirling the pen between my fingers.

My client nodded. "Would you, please? It would make my job so much easier." He turned his head away and mumbled, "And maybe I won't have as much overtime."

I sighed and stood up from my desk chair, pretending I didn't hear since I assumed he didn't want me to. "How much do I get paid? You know I have to run this place."

The man nodded. "Yes, I know. I also know you are in debt. Therefore, I will pay you handsomely."

"Fine. Sounds good."

~Flashback end~

"Why did I agree to just stand around and wait exactly?" I questioned myself. "Ugh, it doesn't matter. I need the money." I heard a scream of pain or anger, but there was something off about it. "Well, that didn't sound human." I smirked. "Which means, I found my demon."

Y/N p.o.v

"Ha! Come at me!" I yelled at the beastly demon in front of me, holding up my sword in front of my face.

It screamed in frustration. He came at me again and again. "Traitor!" it screeched before charging at me once more.

"How am I a traitor?" I asked as I dodged the attack. I then charged forward, dealing the first and final blow with my sword. "I'm nothing like you."

"Hmm... Seems like you already took care of it," a male's voice said.

I spun around quickly, assuming a fighting stance. "Who are you?!" I asked the white haired man standing on the roof above me.  

"The name's Dante, babe," he answered as he jumped down. "I'm a demon hunter."

My eyes widened. 'Aw, crap.'

"May I ask your name?"

'My name? Oh, yeah! He means the one that the humans call me!' "My name is Y/N L/n," I said, dropping my fighting stance and making my sword disappear, but still keeping my guard up.

"Are you a demon hunter?"

I shook my head and smiled at him. "No. But I will kill any demon I come across."

He looked at me like I was stupid. "Do you have blond roots or hair? I can't really tell from here. Too dark. But that's basically the same thing."

I shook my head again. "No, it isn't. I don't hunt them down or wait for them, unlike you. I only engage them if they come across my path."

"Okay, then," he said, watching me warily with his pale blue eyes. "Why did that demon call you a traitor?"

'Oh, no! He heard that!' "Um... I don't know. My friends sometimes call me Demon though. Maybe that's it?"

"Hmph. It doesn't matter, as long as you don't hurt or kill anyone, I suppose."

"So, I guess I'll see you later?"

He smirked. "Sure, babe. If you need anything, call me," he said, throwing a piece of paper at me. He walked over to me and leaned in next to my ear. "And I do mean anything," he whispered.

I looked at him in surprise. "Um... Okay! Bye!" I said, taking off down the alley.

"Bye," he said.

I ducked behind the next corner I came across. I heard him chuckle, say something unintelligible, then heard him walk off in the opposite direction. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly to relax myself. I regained my composure before leaving to go back to my house.

A/n: Heyo! I had this story on Quotev for a while, and now I thought I'd see how it does on here. Comment what you all think~ I'll update ASAP. Bye bye!