𝑾𝒂𝒓 𝑮𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒔

Chapter 32: War Games
12-02-18 - unedited

July 22, 2016.
The date I began writing this Part II of TMH Book 2. Too long but not too late.

THIRD PERSON POV

SHE WAS pacing back and forth inside that boring, dull room where Ruzell Reid took her- no, she meant caged her. She couldn't even sleep knowing that her enemies are just outside of that damn door.

She checked her watch and realized na suot niya ang binigay sa kaniya ng kapatid na relos ng minsan na magkausap sila. The clock says it's five o'clock in the morning pero hindi parin siya dinadalaw ng antok.

Hindi niya maintindihan kung paanong nangyari na buhay pa si Ruzell Reid gayung pinatay na niya ito. Paniniwalaan ba niya ang lalaking iyon? Na ang napatay niya ay hindi ito, na ibang tao. Posible kaya ang bagay na iyon?

He was cloned.

She realized that she was cloned too...

Come to think of it, her impostor was created by her brother- her brother who happened to be an apprentice of Señor before... Then, it is possible na impostor lang din ang taong napatay niya. Could it really be?

Damn. Paniniwalaan ba niya talaga si Reid? But the fact doesn't change na apo ito ni Señor. Ang puno't dulo sa lahat ng mga nangyari sa kaniyang pamilya.

Napalingon siya sa likura ng biglang bumukas ang pintuan at iniluwa si Reid. He smiled at her while she gritted her teeth after seeing him.

Reid closed the door. "How was your sleep?" he asked after.

Pagak siyang natawa sa tanong nito, "Are you fucking kidding me? Sa tingin mo ba ay makakatulog ako sa lugar na ito na pugad ng mga demonyo? Hell no!" She hissed at him. Manhid ba ito o sadyang tanga lang at hindi nito maramdaman ang discomfort niya sa lugar na kinalalagyan niya?

She heard him sighed.

"Please, Eve. Maniwala ka sa sinasabi ko, wala akong binalak na masama sa iyo. Maybe I was a bad boy or whatever you wanted to call it but I will never do things that will hurt you. I swear, please believe me." he pleaded.

Nag igting ang panga ni Quentine, "Sorry not sorry, pero hindi ikaw- o isang taong tulad mo ang huling pagkakatiwalaan ko lalo na sa sitwasyong kinalalagyan ko. You have a blood of a traitor, a manipulator, a murderer... then you are asking me to believe you? Tanga ka nga." She was blunt, She knows that. Masaktan man si Reid sa mga sinabi niya ay wala siyang pakialam.

She saw pain flash in his eyes pero agad rin iyong nawala. She doesn't give a damn about his feelings. She became a merciless person because of them, because of what his grandfather did to her.

"Eve..." He spoke again. Mahina lang iyon.

"Shut up!" Angil ni Eve dito.

"Please, Eve-"

"Putangina! Stop calling me with that name because the Eve you know was long dead! She died years ago and will never come back! Naiintindihan mo ba ako, Ruzell Reid? I'm not that girl anymore." mariin at puno ng poot na singhal niya sa lalaki.

She already buried her old self and embraced the person who she is now- the merciless and heartless b*tch. Not the same girl anymore, pain, hatred and madness changed her. This is who she is now. She can't bring back her old self.