90

as i walk into the dimly lit room, i immediately knew i was in the right one.

jack never liked bright rooms. i learned that when hailey and i moved in with him and johnson.

we always joked about gilinsky being a vampire because of that.

knowing that jack was most likely drugged by jasmine made me feel pity. and i'm not usually one to feel that emotion.

i talked to the investigators and officers right after i heard the news and after they got all the evidence, it was clear that jasmine drugged him.

he's been recovering for two days and has to go into rehab in a couple of days. i decided to stop by and talk to him. get that tremendous weight off of my shoulders.

"hey jack." he looked up at me.

"oh my god elena they just told me what happened i'm so sorry i didn't-" i cut him off immediately.

"i understand jack and i'm sorry for running off like that anyway. but i think it's the best if we just take a break. you're going into rehab and i want you to be healthy and happy before we go further."

"but elena, i'm happy with you! please don't leave me." jack pleaded.

this was hard for me too but after a long talk. we understood it was for the best.

"i care about you lots jack. and don't worry, i'll try and visit you as much as i can." i say, gathering my suff because i was about to leave.

that long talk actually lasted for about two hours.

"okay. thank you elena. i love you." he said truthfully.

"i love you too jack." i kissed his lips and left.

don't worry, not forever though.