Fake Boyfriend

"Hey, Simon." Penelope said to me as we stood in the middle of the floor slowly drinking cheap drinks in the most divey place in London.

"What?"

"That guy looks really uncomfortable. Go pretend to be his boyfriend so that girl leaves him alone." I looked over to see a really beautiful guy and a girl with bright green hair talking.

"What, no! You pretend to be his girlfriend." I stammered.

"If you've forgotten, Simon, I'm engaged. It will save a lot of trouble if you do it."

"Okay, fine." I didn't actually care, I just didn't want Penny to think I liked him.

I walked over to the bar, and put my arm around the guy.

"Hey, babe!" I tried to say as confidently as possible.

"Err, hi." He said, sounding pretty confused.

"Wait, you're gay?" The girl asked my fake boyfriend.

"Yes?" He drawled.

"What am I doing, then?" She got up and walked away. I took my arm off his shoulder.

"Sorry. My friend said you looked uncomfortable so she made me come over and pretend to be your boyfriend."

"Oh, thanks. I'm Baz, by the way." He stuck out his hand, and I quickly shook it.

"Err, I'm Simon. You wanna hang out with my friend and I?" I said for some reason.

"Okay." He agreed. I couldn't believe this. A really cute guy with long black hair and grey eyes was actually going to hang out with me.

We walked over to Penny, me trying not to fall over out of nerves.

"Hi, Simon's fake boyfriend." Penelope joked.

"This is Penny." I introduced them.

"Baz." Baz said.

"Well, it seems like you two should be alone!" Penelope announced, and disappeared into the crowd.

"What did she mean?" Baz asked.

"Err." How did Penny notice I liked someone every single time?

"Err seems to be your favourite word." He remarked. I laughed, well practically cackled, trying to be normal.

"Simon, you seem like a pretty cool guy, if a nervous wreck." I laughed again.

He looked at me, and I basically melted.

"So, um, what I'm trying to say is..."Baz said. "Is, um, can I kiss you?"