Chapter 13

Ann
"You should really stay in bed, Ann." Maggie advised as I lifted the sheets off my body. "I think I might go insane if I stay here any longer." I chuckled, slowly getting up from the bed. The coldness of the wooden floor felt strange and refreshing when my feet became reacquainted with the sensation of walking.

"Baby steps." Maggie walked up behind me. Keeping her hands on my hips as i straightened my back and slowly got the hang of it of it again. "Oops." I grabbed onto Maggie and she held me before I could fall. "I guess Glenn wasn't the only one falling for you." I smiled, hoping to stir the worried look Maggie showed.

"I'm fine, really." She looked unsure, but let go of me. I walked over to a chair to sit down. "I don't care if you think you are fine, I just want you to rest until you're completely healed." She knelt down in front of me and I smiled.

"Thanks, mom." I sarcastically laughed. She smiled but I knew she remained all the serious. "I'll get rest. But I've spent the better half of this month in that bed. I think I need some air." I slowly stood from the chair and went for some change of clothes.

"Look who's up!" Glenn smiled and engulfed me in a hug. "Good to see you walking again."

"Good to be walking again." I climbed down the stairs to the main house. Feeling the sun on my cold skin, I smiled. Happy to be alive.

"I still think she should be in bed for awhile longer." Maggie squinted her eyes in the sun and Glenn smiled. "I told you I was fine." I grinned, knowing Maggie only wanted what was best, if I was her and the roles were reversed, I'd be even worse.

"I think you gotta cut her some slack, she's survived a lot. She can handle this." Glenn had a faint curl of a beam. "We almost lost you. More than once." Maggie reminded. "Thank you." I uttered. "Thank you for saving my life and my baby's life." I hugged Maggie. It was brisk but meaningful. My family's gotten me through so much. Even with Negan. Even though they had every right not to. It was easier and I didn't feel so alone. "And thank you for putting up with Negan." I knew that couldn't have been easy for them. It wasn't even for me for awhile there.

"Oh, believe me you still owe us for that torture." Maggie joked and I laughed. "So, when can we go home?" I stretched my arms over my head and got excited just thinking about Alexandria again. I had barley been home before the incident. It was different now, going home. Sure, it was hard with Negan, but I felt like I had a fresh start. A second chance.

"Doctor Carson thinks it's best if you stay here a little longer. I mean, you just had surgery." Maggie finished and my heart sunk at the thought. It would suck being away from my family any longer than what I already had, but it's about what's best for my unborn kid. "If he thinks it's for the best, then I'll stay." I promised and placed my hand over my stomach. "But enough about me." I started, but chuckled mid sentence when I saw Maggie's face. It's like she already knew what I was going to say. "How long has it been since you and Glenn have slept in the same bed?" Glenn shared in my grin.

"Too long." He wrapped his arms around Maggie and she flashed a small smile. "You guys don't need to worry about me. I'll be ok. So why don't you go home?" I put a hand to her shoulder. "I don't wanna leave you." She began to rebuttal but I cut her off.

"You've gone beyond for me, Maggie. I wouldn't even be here if you didn't bring me to Hilltop. Please, I want you to relax and sleep in your own bed tonight." There was a long pause.

"If there's anything, anything at all."

"I'll send for you." I chuckled as she pulled me into a hug. Soon after Glenn gave me his embrace. "Be safe." They had packed their things and not long had they pulled out of the gates and headed back to Alexandria. Now it was just me at Hilltop. Damn you, Crystal.

Old books, trips down memory lane, and a few rewinds of some played out tunes kept me busy through out most of the day. Doctor Carson said I couldn't really be on my feet as much. And since I really didn't know many people here, I was left on my own. Sitting in my room, I skimmed through the pages of a book I had already read. Deconstructing the plots and characters. The What Ifs? If so and so didn't do this. Was it boring? Kinda. But hey, it passed the time.

*Knock*

The sound made me jump from my spot. I slowly climbed from the bed and walked over to the door. Opening.

Shit.

"Hi." Negan gave a faint smile as he stood outside the trailer. "I uh, was in the neighborhood. Thought I might stop by." He smiled again and I gave a heavy sigh.

I know this was a super boring chapters but I promise it's gonna get good. But please don't forget to vote and comment or just tell me what you think. Has always thank you for reading and have a blessed day :)