Chapter two

A week had passed and eventually spring break had finally come about. Turkey smiled widely as he explained all of the things he wanted to do. He sounded extremely enthusiastic about this. I, however, saw it as no big deal, for I knew he'd probably drag me along with him and take care of all the planing. The first thing he had planned for the two of us was simple: I'd spend the night at his house and we'd play video games until we passed out. It was simple, but nice. I decided to tell my mom about it, but she just told me to come back to school once break was over, and that if I want to spend the whole week over at his house she wouldn't oppose me.

     He turned on his things and walked over to his shelves of games. He took out a game of Mario cart, "Wanna play the game that ruins friendships?"
     "Why not?" I laughed at the idea, but sure enough, he put it in.
     We played for hours, and switched games often. We were playing The Last Of Us when he fell asleep. I checked my phone and noticed that it was around three in the morning. He was curled up on the couch, next to me. I decided to turn my phone off and sleep as well. He rolled over and faced me. He was out. The game kept starting up again, killing him every thirty seconds or so. I found his remote and turned it off. I adjusted in my seat and closed my eyes.

     When I woke up, Sadiq wasn't next to me as he was when I fell asleep. I also had a blanket placed lazily upon my body. I sat up and stretched. Noises erupted from his kitchen. I walked over to the origin of the sound. Sadiq was trying to put all of the pans that had fallen out of the cupboard back in. Unfortunately, more continued to spill out. He eventually had to place all of them back in. I couldn't help but laugh a little.
     "G'morning! Did I wake you up? I'm sorry dude."
     "No, don't worry about it. What're you doing?"
     "I was gonna get stared on breakfast. Do eggs sound nice?"
     "Sure." I smirked as another pan slid out of the cupboard. I sat down on the floor next to him and helped him rearrange things so that they wouldn't fall out.
     Once done, he got the eggs out of the fridge. I got a fairly good view of the contents inside. There were two large bottles of jack. There was also his metal "water bottle" that he never revealed the contents of. Perhaps I knew why he couldn't tell anyone. I was of course concerned, but I decided to keep quiet for now. It wasn't the right time. Not yet.
     He could cook really well. His eggs looked edible. Much better than Mom's. He added some tomatoes and large amounts of pepper in his. He placed the food on plates and then got out a pair of cups, "What do you want to drink? I've got water, apple juice, whiskey, orange juice, Dr. Pepper, and milk."
     "Milk please. Why do you have whiskey?"
     "Alcoholic neighbors. I thought I told you that I steal from them." He smiled as if it was nothing. As much as I adored him, I was a little concerned.
     We sat down at his table to eat. He whipped out his phone to show me a couple videos while we ate. While I was distracted with the videos, he poured himself a glass of whiskey and chased it with Dr. Pepper. I had failed to notice until he offered me a sip. I accepted and was utterly surprised with the bitter taste. By far one of the worst things I've ever tasted. He laughed at my reaction.
     "Is this your first time trying alcohol?" He calmed himself down. I nodded bitterly, and he laughed a little more, "I guess I should have warned you, huh?"
     I drank the rest of my orange juice to drown out the taste of the whiskey. He didn't chase it very well.
     "Can you skateboard?" He asked randomly.
     I looked up in confusion, I wasn't sure where that question had come from, "No, I can't. Why?"
     "I was thinking we go to the skate park, but it's ok. Can you ride a bike?"
     "No. Mom thought that it'd be too archaic, so she didn't bother teaching us."
     "Dude, your mother is nuts. I'm gonna buy you a bike and teach you today." He chugged his whiskey, "Since I'm a little tipsy, we'll walk to the store, and ride home." He paused for a moment, "Do you want to stop by your house first? That way you can get dressed?"
     "I could go home, get changed, come back, and then we could leave."
     "Alright, sounds like a plan."
     I got up to wash my plate, but he took it from me, "I'll wash it. You should start heading home now. I won't go anywhere, I promise." He gave me his usual smile. I adored that smile of his. It didn't matter that he had a large scar that stretched across his face, he was perfect. The scar was about as thick as a pinkie finger, and started just above his right eye brow, slid its way down his right cheek, over his eyelids, and ended just below his bottom lip. I wanted to know how he could look so visually appealing with such a scar, but he just wouldn't look like himself without it. His eyes just spilled with joy and were only enhanced by that gracious smile of his.
     I smiled back, but I know that my smile was no competition for his. I had a lopsided smile and large bags under my eyes. Not to mention how my hair was always a mess. I looked like I slept all the time, but never seemed to get enough. He looked bright and lively.
     I walked home alone while he cleaned up his house and got dressed for the day. It was hot, but I didn't mind too much. I did however hate how bright it was. The clouds in the distance suggested a large storm was coming up though.
     I opened the front door. Mom was sitting on the couch talking to Lovino. He seemed fairly upset, so I tried to sneak past them.
     "Heracles! Mom wants to invite dad over. Tell her how disrespectful that is! We worked so hard to get him out of our lives, and she wants to invite him over!"
     I sighed, for I had failed to stay out of it. I groggily turned around to face them, "I think it's best to stay away from him, yes. But being civil with him might help us create a positive relationship with him, but I don't see how a good relationship would be beneficial. So, when are you inviting him over?"
     "He's coming over tomorrow night for dinner." Mom fidgeted in her seat on the couch.
     "Ok. Well, I'm gonna be hanging out with Sadiq, so, have fun with that." I entered my room and got dressed, just as Sadiq asked me to. When I came back into the living room, I was dragged into their conversation yet again.
     "How about you invite a distraction over? Like your boyfriends!" She smiled, "and then you'll be too invested in them that you won't care that he's here."
     Lovino scoffed, "why would I invite Toní over as a distraction? Not only is it not fair to him, but it's just plain rude. How about you just don't invite Roman over at all?!" He crossed his arm and huffed.
     "I wouldn't mind inviting Sadiq over, but he's not my boyfriend yet. We've only known each other for three weeks." I shrugged and put my hand on the door knob.
     "And I knew your father for two when I got knocked up with you."
     "No wonder why your marriage failed." I left the house. I could hear Lovino start laughing as I left.