I'd Rather Go Blind

"Again Tayler. I want you to put more feeling and attitude in it. Some notes you are flat." Jackie complained.

"Ok!" I yelled through the mic.

I couldn't help but to be angry. I've been working on the same song for about two hours and Jackie has been saying the same thing 'more attitude, more feeling'

Yesterday if you would've told me to sing Etta James' I'd Rather Go Blind, I could've tore the house down.

But now that I have my own place, got my cap and gown today, and my baby is due some time soon I'm too exited about life right now to be depressed.

Right now its Michael who?

"That Michael" my inner voice said as he walked in with Marlon and Tito.

Its like heaven opened up the clouds and shined down on me to show Michael how I truly feel. I saw Jackie signaling them, especially Michael to go, but my confidence spoke up.

"No Jackie, they can stay" I said

I looked Michael right in the eyes.

"Play the track" I instructed Jackie.

I didn't break my stare with Mike.

The same eyes I fell in love with, the same eyes that captivated my heart are now the same eyes I hate and they reflect nothing but selfishness and regret possibly for meeting me.

The staring was too much for him to take I guess, so he looked away.

"Something told me it was over, when I saw you and her talking."

I made a stank face as I hummed a mmmm full of attitude, but angelic at the same time.

I went through the whole song so many parts I felt I messed up on or I could've done better, but this felt like therapy. This is what I needed to show and tell Michael I am done with him.

When I opened my eyes not to my surprise the three brothers were gone.

I smirked as Jackie cheered me on, I think that was a job well done.

I quickly wobbled out of the booth and into the room.

"Woah that was amazing. I can't- I can't wow!" Jackie tried to express.

Honestly I never expected all that from me. I was surprised my damn self.

"Thank you so much Jackie" I cheesed.

You should be thanking Michael, I thought to myself.

"Well I'm going to mix the track first, then I want to listen to it and if you feel any parts you want to plug in let me know and we'll fix it" Jackie explained to me.

"No problem"

I stood rubbing my belly watching Jackie get to work, although Jackie offered me a seat many times I denied it. Other artist stand and sing, just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean anything.

"Damn my pinky toe crying" I said out loud.

Jackie chuckled at me and told me to sit down, this time I didn't hesitate.

I sat down at the piano bench and I felt the urge to play some chords. Now I'm not Beethoven and I'm not going to act as if I am, but I can play some chords.

I tried to sing a bit quietly, but I couldn't help it I mean it is a studio, you're supposed to constantly be productive.

"Moving violation when you gave her what was mine, moving violation ain't nothing you can say, moving violation. I saw you at the wheel and you drove me out of my mind. You been careless with my love baby you hurt me a thousand times and that's a moving violation-"