Jason Dean 

I've been in this town for a week now and I was settling in great but I still couldn't help but feel lonely without Veronica. I sent her a letter four days ago telling her my new address and how my school was. I hope she got it. I hope she responds. I was sitting at home, all alone when suddenly the front door slams open. Shit. My dad shouldn't be here this early, unless the deal went really bad and in that case we were moving again. Maybe I should get my suitcase ready now. "Guess who has a prom date?" Jessie cheered as the rest of the crew followed him. A sense of relief filled my body. Great it wasn't my dad, I'm not moving yet. I still have time to try and be normal again. "I'm gonna guess it's the guy who's yelling." I laughed. It was no surprise that Jessie was going to prom with Annie; they were so utterly in love. I'd never really got the idea of prom or any school dance really but I couldn't help thinking that there was something I was supposed to do, you know. You're in high school once after all. "Oh yeah you got a letter. It's in girly handwriting." Charlie smirked as she threw the letter at me. Girly handwriting. The only girl that would be writing to me was Veronica. I quickly turned over the letter and felt my heart drop. "It's Veronica." I said in a volume just above a whisper. They all lost their smiles and joined me on the couch. "Well open it dude." Yasmin told me. Did I want to? What if it was her telling me to fuck off and never talk to her again? What if it's her telling me how much I broke her heart? What if it's her telling me all about her new boyfriend? God what if she had a new boyfriend? I would have no idea what to do.But then again that's a lot of what ifs and only one way to find out for sure. I carefully opened the letter and read it slowly.

Dear Jason Dean,

Thank you for trying to stay in my life I guess. Jason you broke me. mentally and physically. I have nightmares every night, I have to relive your horrible crimes because you have some twisted sense of justice and wanting the world to be a better place or some bullshit and yet all I want is you by my side. But now thanks to the fucking maniac you call a father I can't. I miss our sleepovers and skipping class to see a movie with you. I miss all the innocent parts of our relationship. Don't get me wrong I'm pissed at you Jason Dean for leaving so easily and I hate you for everything you inflected onto me, but the scary thing is I love you. I love you more than I've ever loved anyone in my life. I don't know. I think I might be sick. It took a lot of consideration to write this. I wish you were here. Prom night seemed like it would have been fun. But I guess that was only just maybe after all...

Yours truly

V. Sawyer.

I could feel tears trying to escape my eyes but because I was with my friends I wouldn't allow them. "Bro you okay?" Jessie asked me as he put his hand on my shoulder. "She... She loves me." I whispered.Veronica just told me. In a letter that anyone could read that she loved me. She also told me that she hates me and thinks she's sick for loving me but that's something we can overcome, together. "So what are you gonna do?" Charlie mumbled. I looked at the letter once more to make sure it actually said the word love and I wasn't just making this up. It wouldn't surprise me if I had just gone completely insane and started this relationship with Veronica in my head. "I don't know." I simply said. For once in my life I had no idea what I was going to do. "I gotta go after her." I decided as I got off the couch. I felt strange, usually I had a plan for everything and was confident I could charm my way into making it work, but this was the first time I didn't know if I could charm my way into someone's life. "And what if she doesn't want you?" Charlie debated getting up as well. But she does want me. She said so like three times, it was right after the I hate you sections. "Charlie, I can feel it. She wants me to be at that prom." I told her. I had no idea why she was acting this way. I thought she wanted me to be happy. "What if you're wrong though? What if this is a joke?" She argued back. Veronica would never try to get such petty revenge would she? I mean she did try to make Heather puke her guts up as a prank because she was pissed off as her. But that's just harmless teenage shit. She wouldn't mess with my feelings, would she?

After thinking about that I'm not so sure. And then with Kurt and Ram, she was so ready to play a prank on them that would humiliate them and possibly get them exiled from Sherwood.. Maybe Veronica did want revenge on me."Charlie, shut the fuck up okay? JD you do what you think is right and unlike Charlie here we'll support you." Yasmin told me as she got up. Why were we all standing? Well all but Jessie. It was strange being supported in the place I was staying at. My father would have simply told me to move on and find a new piece of ass to obsess over. "I know what I gotta do. I have to go back to Sherwood and I have to be there in time for the prom. I have to win her back and prove that I'm dedicated to her.." I said getting more confident with each word. "I'm with you JD and seeing that you've got no mode of transportation. How about we road trip it?" Jessie smiled at me. Well I had my bike but then again I couldn't really take sleep breaks on that and it might be nice to have friends with me and they could even meet Veronica and I could finally start to be normal. To have a girlfriend and friends seems like a healthy change in my life. Well I'm not sure if I want Charlie to meet her, I'm picking up some strange energy from her at the moment, but I'm sure that's just because I've been gone for a few years and just haven't clicked like we used to. "Yeah. If you guys are in, I'm down for it. This could be great. " I smiled. They all cheered and then brought me in for a group hug. I was never one for touch but maybe I can change for the better after all.

I threw a random change of clothes into a bag and then smiled at my pet. "Buddy I'm gonna go for a little bit but don't worry. Jessie's sister is gonna feed you when I'm gone. I'll miss you little Buddy." I smiled to him. I still talked to him as if he was a person but that didn't really bother me. I grabbed the bag and then headed out to the living room. "You good bro?" Jessie asked me. I picked up the phone and then punched in my dad's number. I thought about it as the dial tone started up but quickly hung up the phone. I hated talking to my father, especially when he was at work. It was never a conversation, it was a series of 'yeps' and 'ah uhs' and I waited for him to explode at me when he got home. I've actually talked to that man about four times in my life, don't see why I need to start now. "Now we're good to go." I informed them. We all looked at each other and then headed out the door. "Shotgun!" Yasmin yelled as she rushed over to the front car, got into the back seat and lent over to turn on the radio.

God damn you all love this song. I swear if I hear it one more time l'm gonna commit suicide. So here it is Teenage Suicide; Don't Do It. By Big Fun.

I smiled to myself and closed my eyes. I'm coming for you Veronica Sawyer. I promise.