Chapter 1

Eighteen year old Peeta smiled, looking into the distance. Following the horse and his best friend that rode on it.

The weather was just right, sun beating down but enough breeze and clouds to dull the intensity it could've brought.

Peeta climbed the wooden fence and jumped into the ring, waiting for Katniss , and her mare to approach. "Kat!" Peeta called, his hands cupping around his mouth.

Katniss stopped the horse at his voice and looked to him, confused. He turned and saw his horse grazing nearby. He went up and stroked her head before swinging himself onto her, bare back and trotting across to where Katniss.

"For someone who was so committed to getting our dance right, I'm surprised that I find you out here." Peeta said with a laugh, stopping his horse beside hers. 

Katniss scowled and shoved his shoulder playfully. "Just let me be Mellark. Don't you feel at one with the world when riding?" She retorted.

"I don't know, I find myself usually lonely because a certain someone decides riding is better than the career path she's choosing." Katniss groaned.

"Okay, fine.  You win, once again, this time." Katniss gave in and left him where he was, trotting off. 

Peeta caught up with a laugh. "I guess it's fair." Katniss shook her head with a smirk and waited for Peeta to get off his horse.

"The only way you're going to get me to that dance practice is by carrying me." Katniss proposed. Peeta looked up to her with a smile. He had grown to discover his love for her and how he felt she was the match he wanted.

"Well, if you really say so." Peeta took Katniss' waists and pulled her down from the horse.  Katniss giggled and shrieked when Peeta lay Katniss over his shoulder.

"No! I didn't mean it. Peeta, let me go!" She squealed and laughed. "My horse." She gasped. Peeta turned back and Katniss shrieked.

"I'm human too!" She breathed and hit his back playfully. Peeta didn't take any notice and took the horse's bridle and lead the mare back to the stables.

Katniss sighed, knowing she wasn't to be getting down anytime soon. "Fine. Fine." She whispered and gave in with a smirk, knowing she had to get him back.

...Eventually...