Chapter 8

Yes! Two updates in a short amount of time! And sorry for the chapter being more awkward than my other ones, this chapter is mainly for setup of future chapters! (No really, before I wrote this, I made a brief outline for the rest of the story so this would fit and I wouldn't hit a wall...) Just a heads up, you should be scared for Timebreaker. Let's just say I want to test how good I am with emotional and sad scenes. But you all are lucky, that won't come for another few chapters.

Key:  

(Y/N)= Your Name                                                                      

(Y/N)'s POV

My day started out normal, but then it turned somewhat weird. It started when I first walked into class. I had 10 minutes before class started, and since Adrien and Nino were in their seats, I leaned on the edge of their table and to chat. "So, did I miss anything?" I asked. "Yeah, actually," Nino said, serious. "My father wants to meet you." Adrien stated. My jaw dropped, so Nino flicked me under my chin, closing my mouth. "W-what? Why?" I gaped. "That's the weirdest thing. I don't know. And even after I asked Natalie, who always gives me a brief idea of things, couldn't say," Adrien shrugged. My face paled, "I hope I didn't offend him when I spoke to him on your birthday Adrien." "But that was a few days ago, why would he want to talk to you now?" Nino wondered. Adrien shrugged again, "I have no clue. But (Y/N), you're leaving early with me today. Father apparently already told your parents about it and they're okay with it."

A thankful gasp of breath left my lips, "That's good. My parents would never agree to something that they think might hurt me." Adrien placed a hand on my shoulder, "If it does go wrong, tell me. I might be able to help." I gave Adrien a smile, "Thanks, but I can fight my own battles." The bell rung at that moment, and Adrien removed his hand from my shoulder. But as I walked down the center isle to my seat, Adrien grabbed my hand. "Really. I know how my dad can get. Even the greatest fighters had someone's help."

The rest of my classes were fine, but after lunch I walked out of school with Adrien and stepped into his limo. The woman who let us into Adrien's house on his birthday was there, a bored look in her eyes. "(Y/N), this is Natalie, my dad's assistant," Adrien properly introduced us. "Nice to formally meet you," I smiled. Natalie gave a nod in acknowledgement. Adrien and I chatted about different things, until the discussion turned to the Miraculous heroes of Paris. "Who's your favorite hero?" Adrien blurted out of nowhere. I was halfway tempted to say Puissance Récupérer, but a different name came out instead. "Chat Noir, you?" " Puissance Récupérer." My eyes widened, "Really? Why?" "She is incredibly strong, clever, and loyal," Adrien said with this sort of determined look on his face. "Why do you favor Chat?" This caught me off guard. "Well, he's caring, headstrong, and outgoing. The perfect mix for a hero," I felt a small smile form on my face at the thought of the other black clad cat.

"We have arrived at the mansion. Adrien, your Chinese teacher is waiting in the study, and (Y/N), you will follow me." Natalie spoke up, looking at her tablet. Adrien got out first, helped me out, then we waited for Natalie to step out. Adrien and I hung back as Natalie went ahead. When we went inside, we followed Natalie up the steps, and when they broke off, Adrien went right, me and Natalie left. I gave Adrien a small wave, a little scared. I'm sure he saw this in my eyes when he gave me a thumbs up. "Please hurry along, (Y/N). Gabriel has a packed schedule," Natalie scolded, leading to me going into a light jog to catch up to her at the top of the steps.

When reached a large black door with white shattered glass outlines Natalie knocked, then the cold voice responded, "Let her in." Natalie opened the door, gesturing for me to enter. I did, and the door closed behind me. Gabriel, who was standing at a podium, looked over, a cold look in his eyes. Gathering up all the courage I had, I spoke first, "Hello, Mr. Agreste. If you don't mind me asking, why did you want to see me?" "I have many reasons, but the main one is because I want you to become a female model for the Gabriel Fashion line," Gabriel stated. My jaw almost dropped, but my vocal cords moved before that. "And the other reasons for me being here?" My voice was rude and full of distrust. Gabriel's face morphed to one of shock for a second before shifting back to stone. "You remind me of my late wife," He sighed, turning to the painting behind him.