Chapter 1: Une nuit à Paris

Before we start with the story, I just want to clarify the pronunciation of some characters’ name.

Kathlean is Kath-lee-yan and Paulean is Pao-lee-yan

Gabre will be Gab-rey.

Oh and yeah, if you want to have the picture of the mansion, there’s a picture in the right side. I don’t own it (sadly)

That’s all. J

… … … … …

Alexis

Jackson-Watson Residence: Manor de Fantaisie, Friday, 16 September 2011 – 10:37 pm

You know in my point of view, this is a story of how our friendship ended. And it is my entire fault.

It was September 16th of 2011 when everything started. It was the most awaited party of the year – the twin’s Sweet 16. Since Kathlean and Paulean Jackson are the most popular girls in school (and the fact that their family owns the school) it was very much expected for them to have an extravagant birthday bash.

“Lexi,” I heard someone from behind called me. “Where have you been, missy? You’re late!” Kathlean’s tantalizing blue eyes looked down at me with irritation. She was wearing an elegant blue cocktail dress that matches her eyes and her long, perfectly wavy brown hair was cascading just pass her shoulders.

“You did miss a lot of things, you know. We thought that you’ll already be here before the opening.” Her twin sister, Paulean said from my right. She’s equally beautiful as her sister. She was wearing the same dress as Kathlean’s, only hers was in emerald green that gave emphasis to her eyes. Her golden blonde hair was in a stylish bun, not that neat but not that messy. She then looked at Kathlean and both grinned as they looked at me.  “And where’s our gift?” Paulean asked as she raised her perfectly arched eyebrow.

“Oh…um,” I said thinking of an alibi. Then I smiled sweetly at them and said, “girls, you’re sixteen now! Gifts are for children.”

“You do not have any, didn’t you?” Kathlean asked with an emotionless expression.

“She doesn’t have one, dear sister, and she is late” Paulean said looking at her twin.

“As always,” they both said at the same time smiling sweetly at me while playfully rolling their eyes.

I laughed, I don’t know why but I found them kind a cute this way. “I’m sorry, guys.”

“Fine we accept your apology. Anyway, Via is looking for you!” Paulean said.

“And we still need to entertain guests, Pao!” Kathlean said in a hurry. “We’ll see you later, Lexi.”

“I guess I better go find her, now,” I said as I hugged them both, “Happy birthday, you two!”

As I walked around and across the living room, which was turned to a dance floor, I can’t help but inspect my surroundings. There were many people, people from my high school and other schools. I also observed that most people here in the party were popular and well-known. Take Dan Brown for an example. He was the hottest and most popular guy inWestHigh School. What made him, Kathlean and Paulean close, I actually don’t know.

“Alexis Smith! There you are,” I heard Olivia called. “Where have you been? I’ve been waiting for you like an hour now.” I smiled as I saw her moving toward me.

“Hey, Via,” I smiled, “you look… wow!” Olivia, one of my best friends, stood in front of me looking rather… furious, her stormy gray eyes piercing at me.