Waves.

(Disclaimer:I really liked that headcannon where the ampora's gills weren't functional. If you don't like that shit then leave.)

The waves loudly crashing to land, your ears were filled with nothing else than the raising of tides. The smell of the ocean salt engulfed your nostrils within every inhale, its breeze dancing with your h/l locks. It was early fall, when summer has just began to close, and clouds covered the once bright skies. Which was a good thing, the seasonal change made the citizens leave this area, leaving the majority of the beach to yourself.

Taking in one deep breath you wrapped your arms around your legs, hugging them with a gentle squeeze. Your eyes finally giving the dulled ocean one last glance, slowly gazing at the cliff that was near by. Your tired e/c eyes seemed to have barely brightened with curiosity as they stared at the human who sat on top of that cliff. His eyes as dull and body as curled up as yours.

But, as you may want to correct yourself, he wasn't a human, he was of the troll species. With lightning bolted horns and grey skin. Their species have collided with your for years now, a while before you turned eight. After all these years and turning seventeen they still seem rather odd to you. Their vocabulary and terms of heritage still confusing. But you can blame that on your father, who wasn't comfortable with them, kept you just as far away as he made himself.

But as the years passed, when you finally reached fifteen, he didn't keep you as close to him anymore. Letting you hang out later and allowing you to speak to our co-existing counter part(idk just go with it). You've actually seemed to get along with them, a little too well. You got to understand their culture and terms, even they're post-scratch history. It's remarkable really.

But you seem interested in this young troll, sitting at the edge of the cliff.

You've seen him before, that you know. He sat there just as long as you sit on the damp sand, which is for hours. But he usually picks himself up and leaves before you do. His hand brushing through his-what you think is-gelled black locks, his tired eyes ripping its gaze away from the ocean blue. There was something. In his eyes. Hidden deep in the depths of his blank eyes, there were many things but there was one. That one thing.

It was something that was as deep inside you.

And yet you couldn't put your finger on it.

Turning your eyes back to the ocean you gave it one last look before pushing yourself up from the soft sand. Trying to regain your balance from the sand engulfing your bare feet in its thick body. Sighing you soon walked up towards the cliff, no longer able to just see him from afar.

You just wanted to know what was behind those eyes.

"Hey."

The boy jumped, frightened by the sudden break of silence he whipped his head to look at you. Your dull eyes still barely bright, looking at him. Your back straight in confidence, the salty breeze hitting itself against your long white skirt. Your s/c fingers softly clutched against your sleeved crop top. His startled frown curled to a smirk. "Vwhy hello there doll, finally decided to get the guts and ask me out?" He purred, his eyes narrowed to you in a seductive way. But you stood still, your eyes glaring deep down to his white orbs, it made him nervous. "Don't be like that doll," He said, raising a brow. He purred, "Too speechless? I see kitten, wvho vwouldn't?"

You saw it. Barely within the mask he held tightly in front of his spirit. But it was such a small opening. Finally you closed your eyes, parting your lips to release a sigh. Your feet pressing against the cold rock as you walked next to the troll, you gently sat down. "Vwell sure you can sit next to me." He frowned, confused at your blunt responses. "Don't talk much do you?" giving him a silent response you held your knees to your chest, the body movement barely audible from the sound of the crashing waves below. He scoffed, his sharp teeth biting down against the rolled up excuse of a cigarette.

He turned to the waves, his eyes once again dull and no longer filled with that over exaggerated flirting vibe. He was uncomfortable yes, and well this isn't how he pictured being with a girl. But he could feel the aura that surrounded you. It eased his nerves. The vibes that lingered around you was calm yet blunt. Which is what he obviously took note of when he first saw you up close. Seeing that same curled up figure from afar below the cliff he sat on. He though that she was one of those haters who discriminated his species. But as of today those negative impressions didn't suit her personality.. Or the personality she showed to him.

  But with a soft voice she spoke out, "Why don't you swim?" Shaken he stared at her with his wide blank eyes.  "Wvhat?" He said, both confused yet surprised from her sudden question.  "Your gills," Still hugging her knees she rested her head on them, facing him.  "Can't you swim underwater for longs periods of time?"  The sound of her voice now gave off a soothing bright song, curiosity and joy dripped from her lips as her eyes drifted from his gills to his eyes. The troll frowned, keeping his body from shaking from the answer he was about to give her.  He said, "They're not functional, doll." With a solemn tone, his eyes narrowed to the ocean.

   The waves once again over powered their voices that silenced, her head turning back to face the same scenery. "Don't you think about it?" She asked, her voice once again covered with a shell.  "Being in the water, I mean."

   With a rather long pause, he inhaled and said "After a wvhile, doll, thinking about doesn't really bother you."

   You took a quick look at him, and with that look gave you what you were looking for.  With his body no longer curled like your was, his arm resting against his knee that folded up while the other stretched out to dangle off the edge.  He tried to impress you, even with the turn off of your quietness.  But what you were looking for, wasn't for that, but for what was finally revealed in his eyes. 

   It was a longing look.

   He longed to feel such strong waves coursing through his body as his fingers brushed through the currents.  To feel the harshly freezing water touch his grey skin.  He longed to swim as freely as he wanted.

  Just as you longed for someone who would stay.

   With a soft smile finally stretching your lips you leaned to your side, resting your head on his shoulder.  The contact scared him, his body flinching.  And with a brighter voice your eyes closed.  "My name is Y/N."

   And with a blushed smile he responded, "Cronus Ampora."