o n e

lilah

I walked out of the building after my job interview in LA, I was working as an aquatic veterinarian. I was super engaged in jobs that have to do with marine animals or animals in general. 

I patiently sat in the uber and drove back to my hotel room I was staying in. Tonight I have a party at one of my friend's house, Jack Gilinsky. Well not one of my friends, my only friend who also happens to be my best friend that I haven't seen in years.

I entered my house and threw my backpack on my couch and entered the shower immediately. I felt utterly disgusting. After I finished I jumped out of the shower and chucked on my black skinny jeans. I slipped on a grey cropped jumper and threw on my black ankle socks before lacing up my black converse.

Not much of a dressy person either, I'm boring which leads to the conclusion of my only having Gilinsky as a friend. I'm such a loner. I haven't met many of his friends either. Actually, I haven't met any but honestly, I feel happy to be alone.

Everyone would say I'm too young for this and for that, but I'm independent so I'm fine living how I am at my age being 16. My parents are Italian and Portuguese and my hair is dark brown. There's nothing interesting about my family, my Dad died from cancer and my Mum is living her life not caring about anything.

I walk outside and into an uber to go to Jack's party

+

I walked up to the door and knocked patiently waiting for it to be opened. The music could be heard from all the way outside, I wonder how many complaints he gets.

"Lilah!" Gilinsky smiled at me. I smiled back walking inside, the lights were dimmed.

"Got you an ice-cream." I laughed handing him one. I saw someone speed past me and yanked the ice-cream out of my hands. I felt the coldness slip away from my hands.

"Thank you so much!" He yelled hugging me. I moved a little back since I wasn't as use to much affection from certain people, I kind go shoved him off and ran over to catch up to Jack.

The party wasn't too crowded which was pleasing to me, it had music but it was mild volume, sadly honestly. I love music it's like something I couldn't live without. But I do have to say, there's a lot of fucking drinks, the smell of alcohol was very strong, oh and the smell of drugs my I add.

"Sorry about that." Gilinsky apologised shoulder hugging me as he lead me somewhere in the house.

"That was Matthew Espinosa." He said as I nodded looking at Matt. Brunette with glorious hair. He seems really giddy and I guess sweet in a way? I lost the sight of Matt as I got yanked to the side by Gilinsky.

"Meet Samuel Wilkinson and Nathaniel Maloley." Gilinsky said dragging and facing me to three boys sitting on the couch as they were smoking weed or some shit. Well there was this one guy that looked completely stoned which made my lips curve into a smile as I let a little chuckle out.

"Hi Samuel and Nathaniel." I said simply looking at each of them. They honestly all looked like trouble makers, but don't judge a book by it's cover. Nate looked like he was going to pass out unless... that's his actual face.

"I prefer Sammy." Samuel said shaking my hand. I nodded, his eyelashes are holy chicken balls. I smiled warmly at him. His blonde hair was vibrant but it suits him, I'm pretty sure it's not his natural colour.

"Want a drink?" Gilinsky asked me. I turned over to him nodded humming in delight.

"Okay I'll be right back." He said walking off into the crowd.