20

Nathan

The next morning I woke up around 6:30am, grabbing my phone off the bedside table I noticed Ellie still asleep, knowing we'd have to be at the airport in 4 hours I left her to sleep. Walking out of our room I walk into Hazel's room to see her still asleep, I walked downstairs and made myself some breakfast before doing my dishes and then going back upstairs and grabbing the change of clothes I had left out for today and went for a shower before changing.

Once I came out of the shower Ellie had just woken up and smiled tiredly at me before getting up and going for a shower, I walked into Hazel's room and grabbed her clothes from her dresser and walked over to her and changed her whilst she slept, once she was dressed and her shoes were on I made sure she had her teddy before picking her up and walking downstairs, Ellie was making herself some breakfast when I walked in smiling at me.

Once Ellie had eaten I handed Hazel over to her and did the dishes quick before putting our luggage into the back of the car before walking inside, seriously this kid is still asleep, she's usually up by now. Walking over to Ellie she handed me Hazel before going to the toilet and grabbing her handbag, we got into the car and I drove off to the airport.

Once at the airport Ellie grabbed a luggage trolley and Hazel's pram that we had packed, placing Hazel in her pram and our luggage on the trolley we walked inside the busy airport, even at 8:45 in the morning it was busy, we walked up to the check in just as Hazel started waking up looking around scared and confused as to where she was, once she saw us she calmed down and started talking to her rhino.

'Thank you' I said 'Monkey can you stand with mommy, daddy needs to give the nice lady your pram to go on the big plane' I said unstrapping Hazel who nodded her head and stood by Ellie, folding the pram I placed it on the conveyor belt and the lady attached a tag to it before sending it through with our luggage, I picked Hazel up and she snuggled into my, thanking the lady again we walked off towards security.

'Okay Monkey we need to put Rhino in a special box' I said taking Hazel's shoes and jumper off before taking the rhino off of her and placing into the box, Ellie was waiting on the other side for us, placing Hazel on the floor I told her to walk over to Ellie which she did whilst I quickly took my things off and placing it in the bins, once through to the other side I quickly put my things on before grabbing Hazel's things, I handed Hazel her rhino which she instantly took before taking her hand and walking over to the chairs that were there, I sat Hazel on one and put her shoes and jumper on her, Ellie sat down to put her shoes on again before I helped her up and then lifted Hazel into my arms.

'Daddy I'm hungry' Hazel said 'I thought you would be' I said before walking up the stairs with Ellie's hand in mine, once up top we walked over to Starbucks and sat down ordering something to eat and drink, once we were finished we went to a kids store and grabbed some colouring things for Hazel, a new book and some jelly beans for her, I got Ellie and myself some Starburst chews and some crosswords for her.

An hour later our flight was called, showing our boarding passes we boarded first class, Hawaii paid for the tickets for us, before being shown our seats, Hazel was put in the middle of me and Ellie, placing Hazel on her chair and putting her belt on before I put her divider down so she could see Ellie before closing the cubicle door and walking into mine closing the cubicle behind me and pulling my divider down so I could see both my girls.