six

"So, how are you doing?" Avi asked awkwardly, leaning against the counter in Kirstin's hotel bathroom. 

Meanwhile, Kirstin was searching through the medicine cabinet and glared at the bearded bass from the corner of her eye, "Don't try to make small talk, Kaplan. You are so lucky that I'm not the reason you're injured." This immediately shut him up and he started to play with the hair tie around his wrist. 

"I'm sorry, Kirstie," he said quietly after a long period of silence. 

Kirstin slammed the cabinet shut with a growl and turned sharply towards Avi with the needed materials in her hands. "What for, huh? Sleeping with me or for dumping me like I was trash?" She put a strange looking liquid on a paper towel which made Avi feel uneasy. "This is going to hurt like a bitch but I don't give a fuck," Kirstin muttered before dabbing the paper towel where the blood was dripping.

The second the paper towel made contact with his skin, Avi hissed and had to grip on to Kirstin's wrist for support. "Fuck," he hissed in pain. Kirstin felt bad for her ex for a few seconds before she turned on her cold demeanour again. 

Avi noticed how Kirstin tended to swear a lot more and he didn't like this side of her one bit. "What, do you talk to little kids with that mouth?" He said as he tried to make a joke of the situation.

Kirstin, however, did not find this funny at all and actually froze in her tracks. She knew that Avi didn't know about Sierra, but the comment still put her on the edge. "Just shut up, I'm doing you a favour," she replied with a hint of bitterness in her tone. 

Only then did Avi notice how close they were. Their bodies were practically pressed against each other and it caused his face to flush a bright red. He tried to focus on anything else in the room, but it was extremely difficult when a gorgeous woman was right in front of him. "Kirst, wait a minute," Avi said, gripping onto Kirstin's hands which forced her to stop working on his face.

"I truly am sorry, but there's good reason why I did what I did-" Avi started but Kirstin had held up her hand as an indication for him to stop. 

"So there's a good reason why you left me for another girl, just a week after we had slept together?" She laughed humorlessly. 

"Kiara and I ended things the day you left Los Angeles, Kirstie. I never had true feelings for her like I had for you, and those feelings are still there and will always be there. I love you, Kirstie." Avi's face was centimetres away from Kirstin's and her heart did a little leap of happiness at his words... but she couldn't allow herself to fall for him again, she just couldn't.

"I don't want my heart broken again, Avi. I won't survive it this time around," Kirstin whispered, not daring to look into those captivating, green eyes of his.

"I won't break it, I promise," he said, grabbing both of her hands and rubbing his thumbs over of them. She almost lost herself for a moment but remembered the hours she spent sobbing over him. How she pushed everyone away because she was in such a deep pit of despair. He was the root of all her pain and she wouldn't allow him to just worm himself in her life again.

"I think it's best if you leave," Kirstin said, breaking herself away from Avi's grip. She quickly started to push him out of her hotel room. "Ice your back and don't forget to put a plaster on your face." 

"Kirstie, please wait-" Avi had started, but Kirstin had already pushed him out and slammed the door in his face. 

Just a disclaimer because I think some of you are confused: Avi doesn't know about Sierra. The reason Kirstie is so upset with him is because he found another girl a week after they slept together :(