[0.8] Epilogue

NOW

THERE WASN'T MUCH to be said during the meal because they were all hot, tired and hungry. But, if Dean sat a little closer to her, thigh to thigh, she didn't say anything. And if her heart hurt a little at the thought of leaving she ignored it too.

"So, Sammy, did you end to end up going to college?"

"Yeah, yeah," he said rubbing the back of his neck. "Harvard actually, I was going to study law."

Normie's face brightened significantly. "Wow, Sam! Farther than I ever got."
The conversation was interrupted by the waitress who brought them their food. The conversation subsided as they dug in.

"Where are you after this Normie?" Dean asked.

"New York. Incubus." She states.

"Oh." His gaze hardens a bit.

She laughs. "You probably won't be helpful on this one, Dean. Five women have already been found."

He grumbles under his breath.

Sam just looks at his brother, amused.

She finishes her fries and pulls some cash out of her purse to cover all of their meals. "Here," she says as she hands the waitress the cash.

"I gotta hit the road," she looks over fondly at the brothers. "I gotta get a good start."

Before she can leave, however, Dean gently grabs her arm.

"Stay."

Her eyes widen.

"It's been a tiring evening, and you need to get some sleep before driving such a long way."

She sighs. "Okay, what hotel are you staying at?"

"Cozy Nights Inn," Sam cuts in.

She nods and turns, thanking the waitress and handing her a five as a tip. She exits the diner with the boys behind her as she walks to their cars.

"See you at the hotel!" She starts her car and follows them.
_______
Their room has two beds that look to be queens, but Normie feels so tired so she takes her makeup off, puts on pajamas and flops onto the spare bed that Sam hasn't taken.

"I'm just going to take the couch," Dean says pointing to the sad, lumpy piece of furniture.

Normie sighs, before patting the empty bed space next to her. "Just get over here, I don't even care I'm so tired."

She turns over on the bed and hugs the pillow. As she falls into sleep, she feels Dean climb into the bed next to her.
——
She briefly wakes up in the middle of the night, warm, but someone kisses her forehead and pulls her closer, telling to go back to sleep, she obeys.

And if she thinks that she'll miss his heartbeat beating beneath her cheek, she pushes the feeling into the box in her heart she calls irrelevant.

And when she wakes the next morning, her body seeking warmth, the bed is cold next to her. Dean is awake drinking coffee, and reading news on his computer. Sam is still asleep.

"Good Morning," Dean says. She pulls herself out of bed into the bathroom, where she puts on makeup, clothes, and fixes her hair.

She repacks her bags, making sure to leave nothing behind, and sits across from Dean at the table. He slides a coffee towards her.

"Thanks," she says as she takes a sip.

"I never said thank you for saving me and my brother," Deans says as he rubs his neck.

She smiles a small smile. "It's no problem."

When she gets up, she tucks her chair in and kisses Dean on the cheek, but Dean grabs her face and pushes his lips to hers.

It's a goodbye kiss. And Dean watches from the window as she starts her car, before slowly peeling off down the road.

He watches until the car fades out of view.
——-
THAT'S IT!
Thank you all! It's been a wonderful ride! ❤
[EDITED 11/09/2017]