I Was Just Kidding (America)

I slide deeper into my seat as more kids from school climb onto the bus.
It's a weekend, so of course they'd be wanting to go to all the cool places in London.

I yank my jacket closer and pray they don't notice me.

"AHAHA! And then I told him, 'Honey, if I wanted a candy cane, I'd go get one with less calories from my boyfriend!' He dropped the whole box!" A snobby girl cackles as she "wipes" her eye delicately.

"That guy is such a loser! I can't believe he thought he could get people to eat old candy!" One of her friends said.

"Ugh, I know! They looked dusty!" Another adds.

They're probably talking about Tino. He had made candy for the class during Christmas. Are they actually talking about that now?!

"Ahh, ninety-five percent of the kids at school are losers." Someone sighs.

"Yeah, less people to date." Another comments.

"I WAS JOKING!" Someone shouts outside. I sit up in my seat and peer out the window. A blonde man with bushy eyebrows is desperately chasing after the bus, his arms waving erratically above his head as he begins shouting for everyone to get off the bus.

"What a freak!" Someone laughs.

Then there's a thump from the upper level.

And then footsteps quickly coming down the metal stairs.

The bus driver quickly slows down as people begin rushing out through the emergency exits, pushing me under a seat in the process.

"Help!" I shout.

"BWAHAHA!" Someone laughs loudly. I poke my head out as far as I dare to see a teenager in converse, jeans, and a super man shirt jump down the rest of the stairs. His glasses gleaned at the end of his nose and his hair had an untamable cowlick saluting the screaming passengers.

"Sorry!" He laughs as he lifts the driver out of his seat and tosses him out a window. He landed on a bush, don't worry.

"Lets see what this baby can do!" He shouts as he floors it.

I fly backwards, still stuck under the seats. I slam into the back of the bus with a loud bang.

"ALFRED!" The same blonde man cries out from outside. "Pull over before you hurt somebody!"

"Aw, don't be such a wuss, iggy-brows!" "Alfred" groans.

He zooms the bus towards an empty street, leaving the man behind.

I slowly make my way on to my hands and knees and begin to crawl towards him.

Slowly... Slowly...

"Stop it!" I scream loudly as I lunge at the man.

"AHHHH!" He screams in a girly high-pitch voice.

Before I even have a chance to laugh, a statue slams through the windshield. Or rather, he slams into it.

And its long sword goes through me.

"Oh shit." He whimpers as he slowly stands up.

"Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit." He screams frantically as he presses his palms against his temples. "Fuuuuuuuck."

I grip tightly onto the stone object, knowing that if I loosen my grip in the slightest, I'm instantly dead.